i have been thinking..it is dangerous lol!

MissPiggy

Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep
Reaction score
So we've sat for at least a year trying to get a diagnosis for Kayson. To be honest im not really sure what diagnosis i want..i know this sounds silly. but i guess i've been rooting for epilepsy (ok maybe rooting is the wrong word) but with his absences ive not really had any other thought about it...
until watching Kay today..
Now our Health Visitor has been watching kay for a while, because he does exhibit so autistic behaviours...and reading up on autism whilst i had 5minutes today, i can see a lot of this in Kay...and it says that autistic children can zone out for a while.
He's not developmentally delayed at all, and his speech is amazing (thought id get that out of the way)
he is just very sensitive to noise, other peoples emotions (he hears a baby cry and gets upset himself 'im sad mummy')
the zoning out...
and the last week or so self stimulation, lip smacking and rocking (these have been present for a long while) have been quite prevelant.
He's not overly impressed with change or new people...he's very much a sit back kind of kid and once decided its ok he'll go and explore. but he wouldnt go and play with other kids, he'll just go play, and if other kids join in, then thats up to them lol!!
he's OBSSESSED with anything with wheels, and tonight he took two cars to bed, i took them off him, and again that was fine and put them on top of the dresser...i know full well he'll know exactly where they are in the morning...surely a 28month old's memory shouldnt be that good..
and he's amazing with numbers...can count to 20 without prompting lol!

Sorry that has turned into a massive thread, can you tell im on my own and thining too much...

Now my other dilemma is, that im now on our third pediatrician for a diagnosis (have currently been told that the absence is A: a form of tantrum in order to ignore me. B: a daydream...

that i now wonder if i bring autism up...im gonna seem like im looking for something etc....

my brain hurts...

sorry ive rambled =( xxx

Could be asperger's which is when a child has amazing speech. Does he speak in an adult tone or a childs? Most speak as an adult rather than a child.

My son takes toy bins and telephone boxes and even a dustbin lorry to bed! His main obsession is bin. which makes our 2 minute walk to school more like 10 as he has to have a full on conversation with the bin. Most parents at the school know he's autistic and I don't get strange looks any more! But he also remembers the strangest things even from an early age.

It would be wise to get everything covered just in case. My best friend in pre-school had aspergers and could read the bible by 4 and tell time and do complicated maths at that point! Maybe try teaching him to read now, might even help him :)

Could be asperger's which is when a child has amazing speech. Does he speak in an adult tone or a childs? Most speak as an adult rather than a child.

My son takes toy bins and telephone boxes and even a dustbin lorry to bed! His main obsession is bin. which makes our 2 minute walk to school more like 10 as he has to have a full on conversation with the bin. Most parents at the school know he's autistic and I don't get strange looks any more! But he also remembers the strangest things even from an early age.

It would be wise to get everything covered just in case. My best friend in pre-school had aspergers and could read the bible by 4 and tell time and do complicated maths at that point! Maybe try teaching him to read now, might even help him :)

I'm not really sure, he has quite a few long words more than short if that makes sense, not sure on the tone, will really have to pay attention, he's my first and ccurently only child, and didnt have an overly interactive with other children childhood so its not something i have been around to notice if you see what i mean?

I think i will properly gt the books out now, its just getting him to sit down and find the interest in it, than anything else.

bless him and the bin! Kay is all about Mickey Mouse at the moment (if it not something with wheels) xxxxxx

a common misconception is that people with aspergers do not or have never had speech problems. This has recently came to light as a huge misconception and many re diagnosis of autism/aspergers have been made. The diagnosis should be based upon other traits not the speech. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->