I haven't told my family

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
I'm 16 weeks now and after 3 mc's in the past year... I still can't bring myself to tell them :cry: I want to and need to share our news but I'm never comfortable with it... I don't believe. I'm already past where my latest mc was but right now I'm holding out for telling them after my 20 week scan but if I wait till then it won't be in person it'll have to be over the phone

How did you tell your families? and when?

hun i had my MC at eleven weeks, it was the hardest thing in the world to feel really excited telling ppl that we were pregnant. But one by one it got easier and seeing other ppls excitement made it that much easier. I think for me telling them in person and seeing their faces made it so much easier, hun you do what you feel is right for you. This was my experience. Oh and after i told everyone i stopped always thinking this might not work out. I am now looking ahead, picking out clothes and names. Other peoples excitement helped. :hugs:

Last time myself and my partner told family straight away. This time we've decided to wait until after the 12 week scan assuming everything goes well.

It's your decision when to tell people but if you know that they will be excited for you it might help to tell them before your 20 week scan. You might find it too much to tell people just yet and it may add to your stress. The decision is totally yours and you should do what you feel comfortable with. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you well. :hugs:

I am only about 6ish weeks, but I'm not planning on telling anyone until a 12 week scan has shown everything is ok because of my miscarriage last month. When I had my youngest I had had a miscarriage just before I got pregnant with her, and had told everyone, so I waited until I was about 16 weeks to tell with her so I didn't have to tell anyone if I miscarried again. Just go with how you feel - if you are not ready, then don't feel pressured into telling. It must be really hard for you, but I hope this ones goes really well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->