I just clipped her finger! :o(

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I was clipping Savannahs finger nails coz she has been scratching herself and I clipped some skin off her finger. It's bleeding and we're both here crying :cry: I feel like such a bad mum!!

I had to put her on my breast and feed her for 20 odd minutes to calm her down. :cry:

oh no hope shes ok not too sure what u can do as shes very young but i suppose babies suck there hands and it will heal quickly from the bacteria in her mouth

I did the same to Bethanie with baby nail clippers, never used them again!! I much prefer the baby nail scissors, they make it easier when your baby is wriggling about.

I felt terrible too, she will be fine and accidents happen so try not to get too upset about it!
:)

Dont worry hun, I did that too and felt bad :( Its so hard as their nails are so tiny, but she was scratchign her face and I cant get mitts to stay on.

I was using the baby clippers too! I think i'll stick to doing them when she's asleep or try the scissors. :(

Ive done that. After the second time, I now bite her nails....

Its okay hun...:(

Ive done that. After the second time, I now bite her nails....

Its okay hun...:(

i also bite jordyns nails.. shes terrfied of the clippers andi've never even nicked her! she giggles when i bite them, so im gonna stick with what makes her happy haha.

I did exactly the same last week ,it was so horrible. Now have some baby nail files from Boots which do the job!!

I did the same when clipping Erin's nails. She cried for about a minute and then was ok. I felt really bad too, its so hard when they are such wriggly babies. xxx

*hugs*

I did this I didn't even tell OH I felt sooooooooo bad! I also have never used clippers again!

:hugs:
It's such a common accident,don't worry.
I was terrified of doing it so I put it off for as long as possible...

I cut Helenas toe and then I was so scared to do it again. She has been scratching herself like mad when she is trying to fall asleep and is flailing her little hands around so I had to give in and use the clippers. You will be fine next time :) I think as you can see, everyone does this, lol and we all cry about it. You are a great mom for doing it! I let Helenas nails get super long lol before I tried it.

I did it too.Two months ago.He healed quickly.No scar but to this day I cant clip his nails.DH does it now.

Been there, done that. She'll forget it quicker than you will! :(

Yep - this has happened to me as well, a couple of days ago. Tristan only cried for a couple of seconds but I cried and was so upset. I can't stand those baby nail clippers now! Any advice for clipping nails would be welcome!

xxx

My OH did that once, he said I should have seen my face!!!!! It was an accident. Don't beat yourself up about it, you are certainly NOT a bad mum!!!! Don't think that. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->