i just made

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
my own baby wipes! haha pathetic really but they smell lush! i cut a kitchen roll in half and put it in a sandwich box, put in camomile & honey tea, bit of organic baby oil, bit of baby shampoo, drop of lavender oil, mmmmmm lovely and soft on lo's bum!
this section inspires me to get creative lol! must dig out my sewing machine next!

ooh does it work? i wouldve thought the kitchen roll would rip to bits? let us know how you get on with it, i may have to try that :happydance:

x

I cut up a towel into small squares and sewed the sides and use them as wipes :thumbup: i put them in to bowl with organic baby wash with lavender, smells lovely :flower:

ooh that sounds nice too, i might do that with my cheeky wipes (which are basically bits of towelling lol) could be fun to experiment with the solutions, the camomile & honey smells really nice

it works great! it hought it would fall apart as well but i used a 'plenty' kitchen roll which my mum gave me which is really strong and you can wring it otu like a cloth! doesnt leave bits of fluff behind like cotton wool and makes his bum smell a bit sweeter hahah

not sure how long they will be 'good' for though, as they are quite wet in teh box, guess iw ill have to use them up fairly quick or they might go musty. i only put in 1/2 the kitchen roll.

i found a good solution holder for out and about. i was using a spray bottle which made it laborious to get the wipe wet enough. i now use a mini baby oil bottle (think its travel sized - got it in the johnsons baby box) which squirts onto the wipe making it easier to get the wipe moist.

Do you have to rinse it off with plain water after? Or just let it dry?

Sorry it seems like a stupid Q, but I'm currently using curash wipes, and would love to try an alternative.

when use i just pop them in the bucket or wetbag with the dirty nappy and wash together with his nappies on the next wash.

when use i just pop them in the bucket or wetbag with the dirty nappy and wash together with his nappies on the next wash.

Sorry, I wasn't clear-- I meant rinse the solution off the baby, not washing the wipes...

Thanks though!

no you dont have to rinse it off, chamomile is actually used on babys bums as a nappy rash cure so its perfectly safe, you might want to pat it dry but you dont need to actually wash it off :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->