I know we all have to do it.........

XKatX

Reaction score
But I'm crapping myself - 1st jabs today!!! I'm a wreck today and he's not going until 4pm!
I've read some other threads and people have said give Calpol half an hour before we go, so I'll give that a whirl.
I just need some moral support ladies - stop me from crying before we even get there!!!:cry:

Personally I wouldn't give calpol til you know he needs it, but thats just my opinion!

Good luck, hope it goes ok, the 1st is the worst!

He'll be fine, and so will u! Good luck x

I cant beleive hes old enough for them anyway, that has flown soooo quick. Wheres the time gone! x

Hi, Calpol is only advised after the second injections as its from 2 months onwards. The first injections are nerve wrecking, i went with my mum but i made sure i held jen when she was having them so i could comfort her. Take a dummy in so that when he/she cries they can calm down. It is hard but they forget about it...they just maybe cranky for a bit after and then the next day they will be in a weird mood but everything will get back to normal..just be brave...u can do it xx

Hi, Calpol is only advised after the second injections as its from 2 months onwards. The first injections are nerve wrecking, i went with my mum but i made sure i held jen when she was having them so i could comfort her. Take a dummy in so that when he/she cries they can calm down. It is hard but they forget about it...they just maybe cranky for a bit after and then the next day they will be in a weird mood but everything will get back to normal..just be brave...u can do it xx

He's 8+3, 2 months on Thursday, so can I not give it? Surely a couple of days won't harm?

He's 8+3, 2 months on Thursday, so can I not give it? Surely a couple of days won't harm?

It's fine Kat. Good luck!!! xxx

It was changed from 3 months to 2 months so that it can be given if needed after the 1st inj.

Yeah Calpol will be fine hun. I'm feeling for you today as Ollie's 1st jabs are today too at 2.30pm and I'm so worried as it only a week ago he came out of hospital x

You may even find he wont need calpol.All 4 of mine did not get any after effects from injections.just sleepy! good luck kat and you Jem xx

Good luck! :hugs:
I know I was soooo scared before leaving and during them,more than Lola who didn't shed a tear :dohh:

Oh good luck Kat.
Im dreading it when it gets to Leo needing his. I hated it when he had the heel prick test! I had to leave the room, I didnt want to see my baby in pain.

xx

Oh good luck Kat.
Im dreading it when it gets to Leo needing his. I hated it when he had the heel prick test! I had to leave the room, I didnt want to see my baby in pain.

xx
Oliver didn't even notice when he had his heel prick test! Lets hope for more of the same today!

Caitlyn didn't notice the heel prick, she was fine with the first jabs and third jabs. The second ones bruised her legs though so she was very grumpy about that!

I suggest Calpol half an hour before x

jack was 8+4 days when he had his 1st jabs & i gave him calpol half hr before then was grissly later on in the evening so i gave him more calpol before bed & jack was fine . violet xx

My sister said she got a bottle at the ready when my nephew had his and stuck it in his mouth as they did it!!! Seemed to be a good distraction!!! So thats the tactic I used. Well I actually fed her as we waited then tried to carry on as she was jabbed!! She stopped but then sucked like billy-o straight after.

The nurse said just give the calpol when you get home regardless of how they are as a preventative measure :)

archie had his tday ....it was horrid man sorry i no u prob dnt wana hear that.....i gave him calpol 2 a told nurse n she told me off but sod her! xx

good luck sweets xxxx

Well, he survived! It wasn't that bad actually. He screamed at both of them, but settled down to sleep really quickly!! He's since had a feed and his calpol and he's fine now.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->