I love nursing in the Ergo!

F

Fortune Cooki

Who else is with me? Nursing while babywearing is so lovely! I'll be out and about -shopping, at a restaurant, etc. I can't tell you how many moms I've seen strenuously holding their babies. Especially if they have two kids, I just want to be like: "You can be hands free!" :thumbup:

Nursing.jpg

How have you managed to get her so low? I can't imagine being able too in mine?
Well done tho she looks happy ;-)

I wish I could nurse in mine, my breasts must just be too big or something! :dohh:

Cute photo! X

I don't have an ergo, but I have a mei tai. I've found it great for hiking as it's a great way to carry her and I can keep hiking while she nurses. What I find annoying is that it's almost the ONLY way she'll nurse now! She can't stay still long enough to nurse unless she's in it, or unless she's practically asleep and nursing on the bed.

Here's a picture of me hiking back in April. I kind of had to push my boob up so she could nurse.

Attachments

• P1030496.jpg
    P1030496.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 29

To get her at boob level the straps have to be loosened. The belt buckle is also a bit more loose so that it sits lower on the pelvis. I've walked around the mall like this, because she just loves to be attached to the boob all the time, and I don't mind. For super long periods of time it's of course better to wear them higher up with the straps tightened.

I wish I could nurse in mine, my breasts must just be too big or something! :dohh:

Cute photo! X

I've heard of bigger boobed ladies having troubles with nursing in carriers. The way I picture it, I'm thinking it could work best if the carrier is shifted as far to the side as possible. I shimmy her over a little bit to the side I nurse her on.

To get her at boob level the straps have to be loosened. The belt buckle is also a bit more loose so that it sits lower on the pelvis. I've walked around the mall like this, because she just loves to be attached to the boob all the time, and I don't mind. For super long periods of time it's of course better to wear them higher up with the straps tightened.

Cute photo! X

I've heard of bigger boobed ladies having troubles with nursing in carriers. The way I picture it, I'm thinking it could work best if the carrier is shifted as far to the side as possible. I shimmy her over a little bit to the side I nurse her on.

Thanks for the tip I tried today but couldn't quite shift him over enough to stay on but will try again x

I loved doing this when DD was younger. Looking forward to it again with this one! It's great being hand free and having a happy baby haha.

looks great! I can't wait to try. It looks like you're not using the newborn insert anymore? and also your LO can hold her head just fine right? It's a waiting game for us since Greyson came a little early so I can't use it yet, I don't think but would be so helpful especially with two kids..

looks great! I can't wait to try. It looks like you're not using the newborn insert anymore? and also your LO can hold her head just fine right? It's a waiting game for us since Greyson came a little early so I can't use it yet, I don't think but would be so helpful especially with two kids..

I used the Moby before she had head control and then I purchased the Ergo (without the insert) at around 2 months.

moby carry bf.jpg

Has anyone done this with an older baby? Say around one year? Are they just too big by this time?

Has anyone done this with an older baby? Say around one year? Are they just too big by this time?

I did with DD. It's just about finding a position that's comfy for both of you, a bit of trial and error. But it's definitely possible.

Wish I could do this. Sadly, boobs are just too big and pendulous to get away with it. Took us weeks to get the hang of being able to do it sitting down, and months before lying down... plus being nipple shield dependant for the first four months didn't help.

Sigh. :(

Violet is 10 months and I can definitely see this working in another couple months.

I've been wondering how this actually works. I love my Ergo but haven't actually tried nursing with it. Thanks for the tips!

When did you put your bubs in the ergo? I have an ergo but the insert is a pain so have to wait until hes big enough to go in it, I purchased a ring sling and cannot get to grips with it at all and just got a boba wrap yesterday which I just love :) I havent nursed babywearing yet but cant wait to try :)

I LOVE my Ergo too. Shopping is awesome, building fence is awesome, taking walks is awesome... because I can nurse hands free. The only problem is if I try to have my LO in it she thinks it is time to nurse and will claw at my chest until I drop her down to nursing level. Oh well... we both love it.

When did you put your bubs in the ergo? I have an ergo but the insert is a pain so have to wait until hes big enough to go in it, I purchased a ring sling and cannot get to grips with it at all and just got a boba wrap yesterday which I just love :) I havent nursed babywearing yet but cant wait to try :)

Bubs went in the Ergo at 2.5 months.

I LOVE my Ergo too. Shopping is awesome, building fence is awesome, taking walks is awesome... because I can nurse hands free. The only problem is if I try to have my LO in it she thinks it is time to nurse and will claw at my chest until I drop her down to nursing level. Oh well... we both love it.

Yeah, LO more often than not will be hungry while in the Ergo, unless she has just been fed and is sleepy. Sometimes she just wants to look around though. Either way she eats a lot, so having her in the Ergo is lovely.

I recommend having a search on YouTube for how to wear the ring sling. So much easier than trying to follow the little fiddly pictures. I can't manage to feed my LO in mine though, boobs are too big, but haven't tried for a while so maybe I should try again!

I (now) have bigger boobs and finally got the hang of ergo nursing.

I lower the straps, turn the base so that LO is on my opposite hip, angle him and once ha latches I tighten the straps so that hes snug (the strap on the side that his butt is on gets tighter than the side he is nursing on). I cant nurse him totally straight up-and-down but it works doing it this way. I'll try to get a pic of him nursing in it tomorrow

it makes errands/walks/days out SO much easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->