I need advice

L

Laura--x

I know it's still pretty early days for me. But i spend alot of my time reading up on care and advice colums to see everyones different stories and opinions on the best way to bring up a baby.

My MIL gave me a book the other week, talking about everything to do with feeding,sleeping patterns and general care. I started reading it a few days ago, went straight to the sleeping part.

What i read said basically, most mothers think that with a newborn, the newborn should 'rule' you, ect you feed on demand, let them sleep when needs be and so on. I always thought this was the way to be for the first few days/week, but then she went on to say this causes so so many problems in future because the baby will think it will get and do what it wants when it wants, which got me confused.

I've been told so many different things, ect to follow the newborn at the start, then slowly start introducing routine. Then other times been told routine from day 1 is the way to go. Im just so confused and don't want know whats right !!

What did you do when your lo was born? Did you just follow their patterns and needs? Did you routine from day 1? Try and keep them awake as possible in the day, then of a night shut them in a dark room so they get to know its night, and so on.

Stories and advice appreciated !!

when jessica was born, i let her sleep when she wanted, fed her when she wanted.
now she's 3 and a half months old, she sleeps through the night, feeds every 4ish hours during the day. she set the routine her self, she has times for everything, and she seems happy enough with this xx

Yep both my 2 ruled for the first few weeks, they usually get them selves into some sort of routine x

I might be wrong, but I definetly don't think I newborn is advanced enough to understand and work out that if they cry they will get attention. I think it changes around 3 months, I fed lily on demand and let her tell me what she wanted!

I might be entirely wrong though! Hope your pregnancy is going well! Enjoy every second, it goes so quickly and its such a lovely experience:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->