I need Christmas help from artsy/crafty ladies

Kate&Lucas

& OH & Mush
Reaction score
Sooo earlier this year a lady on my Facebook was selling off some old photography equipment. Including this GORGEOUS sleigh prop.

13620017_1030231290359491_6565347842478503339_n.jpg

Lucas had a photoshoot in it when he was diddy so I just had to buy it.
It's really solid, I'm planning to put it next to my Christmas tree and pile up my presents inside instead of putting them around the tree.
Only trouble is I'm not a fan of the white/black so I need to decorate it first to match in a bit better. My idea is to paint it red inside and out, then leave the top edge white and sprinkle with white glitter. Maybe paint the blades gold. I don't know though, just seems a bit boring :shrug:
Anyone have any other great Christmassy ideas? Things I can add to it? I would be most grateful :xmas16:

For reference the sleigh will be going where the bookcase is currently :flower:

download.png

I think I'd definitely paint it red. Red sleighs are just the thing I picture for Christmas. Maybe paint some swirls in gold paint on the side to make it a bit more artistic. I like the black blades, personally. I like the glitter idea, too, but I'd be afraid the glitter would just come off everywhere in the house unless you seal it well.

Someone last year made theirs into their advent calendar and put 24 little wrapped pressies into it, it looked so lovely! They might be around to show pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->