I only make 4 oz a day...

susannah14

Reaction score
And it makes me so sad. Last year I was making 45+ oz a day, donated 4,000 oz of frozen milk and still stashed up 1,700 oz for my son. Now my boobs are floppy, and I'm only making 4 oz a day with 2 feeds.

I'm probably not having a second child, so I'm really going to miss being a milk factory and feeding my son! Anyone else feel like this? :cry:

You've made such a difference donating all that milk. It's fantastic, I would celebrate that. From the other side of it, I struggle with supply for some reason. My babies gain weight slowly and are on the lower centiles. I desperately wanted to donate some milk but It would take me 30 minutes of expressing to get 1 ounce from each side.

You've made such a difference donating all that milk. It's fantastic, I would celebrate that. From the other side of it, I struggle with supply for some reason. My babies gain weight slowly and are on the lower centiles. I desperately wanted to donate some milk but It would take me 30 minutes of expressing to get 1 ounce from each side.

I'm sorry that you've struggled with supply. I hope my post didn't come off as braggy, that's not how I meant it at all. I'm just struggling coming to terms with the change. Feeding my son was such a huge part of my life and it's something I was really proud of, and now it's basically almost over. I'm not going to wean him, but he's naturally cut himself down to morning and night, and he still loves his "tatas", so he says, it's just so...different.

I think you should celebrate that you stuck with nursing and obviously worked really hard to feed your babies. I'm a really slow pumper too, so I know how it is. :hugs:

No it didn't come across braggy at all, I just wanted to give another view point. It must be hard for you, I'm one of those people that stops bfing and thinks phew, now I can have my body to myself again.

I hated when my boobs stopped responding to the pump when dd1 was nursing. I hated when I stopped making much, my nipples started bleeding from being pumped so much. In the end I just gave up pumping and gave mostly formula.
This time around its so far much better, however I know there will be a decrease once dd2 starts solids and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->