I should be excited.

Girlfactory

Reaction score
The other day I was told that Twin2 should be home within 2 weeks and I want to be excited but I can't be :(

Twin1 is still in NICU and 1-2 months behind the other.
The hospital is 2 1/2 hours away from home, no Siblings are allowed into SCBU let alone NICU!!!

WTH do I do?

Its so great that I can have her home but all those good feelings are clouded by stress and worry about the other twin.

How will I even cope at home? I'm scared, I feel like theres no attachment between me and the girls, I love them dearly bit we've missed out on so much bonding, I'm not sure how I'll bond with her at home?

It's like I mourned them as I was no longer pregnant. And now they're just going to re appear again. Hope that makes sense :(

BTW. The twins were 23W. Twin2 has been breathing completely unassisted for a few weeks now and taking bottles feeds.
Twin1 is just starting to cycle off CPAP. But seems to like no CPAP compared to her being on it :p

Is there any chance twin 1 could be transferred to a hospital closer to home?

oohh sweetie you will be fine - Fynn was in NICU and Sam came straight home, they werent preemies but I can relate to the stress of having a newborn at home while trying to get into NICU every day.

Are you 100% sure that you cant take Twin1 in with you? I dont know where you are but we were allowed to take Sam in every day. Once Fynn recovered a bit they even let Sam in his cot - which was fabulous.

One of the main emotions I remember was bonding with Sam before Fynn - Fynn just didnt feel like 'ours'.

If you think I can help in any way please just ask xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They can't transfer, Alried tried that. Chances are she'll be coming home on oxygenand one of the requirements to transfer is off all oxygen, so It would be quicker coming home than to our local hospital!

No one other than Parents and Grandparents are allowed in NICU and SCBU
So my older girls haven't let their sisters yet.
No one at all is even allowed to view them through the window, Students only :(

i would speak to SCBU about the twins. in our SCBU although siblings werent permitted, their twins were for sure, in fact many a time they were placed together in the crib at visits.

Id ask for them to clarify tat you definately cant bring the other twin in. Maybe they could make an exeption for you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->