I think cheapy OPKs hate me

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I've never been able to really get the cheap little ebay OPKs to work all that well for me and I've since learned to try and not put too much stock in them. Of course...that doesn't happen :haha: For some reason they just never get truly what I would call positive. Anybody else like that?

My daughter is 9 months old and have been breastfeeding, although my daughter has started solids at 6 months with increasing frequency over nursing and has been sleeping through the night for quite some time. I have yet to get my period back after the initial lochia from childbirth. Hubby and I are TTC again and trying to track my body is incredibly frustrating.

I've been trying to temp but I've been having a hard time keeping up with it. So I've only been doing OPKs and noting changes in my cervix as a clue to when to time baby dancing.

So that's the background. This past week I noticed an increase in my EWCM, my cervix was nice and soft/open. I also noticed a dip in my milk supply (this happened during ovulation when I was nursing my first child). I have been doing an OPK each day at the same time (2pm) to try and determine if these symptoms had any merit. Most of them have been so faint I have to bust out the light and squint to see it. Then this weekend I saw they were getting darker. Yesterday the line was pretty dark for me. Then today the line was a little lighter but still easily seen. I had some low cramping (nothing really bad like pms cramps) mostly on my right side yesterday. Today my cervix is firmer, and the EWCM is lessened considerably and almost non-existent.

Here are the three tests (Monday, Tuesday and then Today from top to bottom) What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20140514_123213.jpg
    IMG_20140514_123213.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 0
I've had good luck with them but I test at 4pm because I was testing around two and never caught the surge quite enough but that helped!

I have been testing 4 times a day. Usually with FMU (about 7am) then again around 10 or 11am, 2pm, 5pm and then finally before bed around 9-10pm. So far it seems the 2pm slot is my lucky ones that pick up ANYthing but they just never seem to be that glaring positive. It seems just "pretty dark" is all I ever get. It's so frustrating. I'm thinking of investing in a fertility monitor but I think DH might strangle me if I do that lol:blush: I might have spent a small fortune on TTC supplies already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->