I think I scratched my cervix

doctorsookie

DS (19) DD (12)
Reaction score
I didn't cut my nails as intended and when I checked my cervix I felt a jolt of pain when I touched it. It didn't fee like my nail got it as I felt it with the pad of my finger but I am feeling a throbbing in there ever since. I may have scratched the vaginal wall around it but I can't know for sure. It could just be tender. Not looking for anyone to tell me one way or another, just had to tell someone. Bit if anyone has experienced this before and can put my fears at ease, I'd appreciate. P.S., cutting and filing my nails right now.

I see a lot of people posting they do this, I have a nursing/midwifery background and I really wouldn't recommend it!!

Ouch! I would suggest to call your gyno! However, if you don't want to do that. Do not attempt anything. Leave it alone. No more checks! Do not have baths to avoid a possible infection!
Hope it gets sorted soon!:thumbup:

As long as you washed your hands thoroughly before you did your cervix check, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Just be sure to trim your nails and keep them smooth and rounded in the future! :)

they are very short now. And I don't think I scratched it after all as there was no bleeding. That pain has not returned either. I had a good bit of cm today but am not sure if it should be classifid as creamy or egg white.

Must've just been sensitive to being poked! That's better than a scratch.

Egg white is usually clear and stretchy. Creamy isn't really stretchy and will break apart between your fingers.

I know but this was stretchy and yellow. Not as stretchy as eggwhite but not necessarily creamy either. It was stretch enough to wrap around my finger because that's what happened when I wiped. That's why I noticed it. Ick. LOL

I'd say that's eggwhite! It doesn't have to be totally clear to qualify -- it's mostly the stretchiness that counts.

well, here's hoping its just what is left from creating a mucous plug. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->