I Think My Supply is Going :( Almost 11 Months.. Now What?

MetalMaiden

three it be
Reaction score
I was startled to notice I only got 1 oz tonight when i was pumping some back up BM! I didn't drink much for fluids today so hopefully thats the reason but if I am drying up, now what? do i have to give her formula until a year at least? i'm not knocking formula but I really don't want to :( (I realize this is the BF section but just want to make sure i dont offend anyone... haven't been on B&B for awhile cuz the baby club was getting to be a little much). Can I give her goats milk until 12 months? I am still deciding what I should give her after, not sold on cows milk yet... I hope to still BF when I can after work hours but I need to find something for in between. Suggestions? Experience? Thanks girls!!!

can anyone help me please? i hate begging but I really dont know what to give her :( or how to tell if she's not getting enough. she still doesn't sleep well and im not sure if its cuz shes hungry or cuz we co-sleep and she wants attention...

My daughter hasn't been sleeping well either. We cosleep but she just flops around at times, if I attempt to nurse, she will sometimes bite :cry: Put her in her crib and she screams :shrug:

I haven't used a pump in several months but the last time I did, I was only able to get a small amount out compared to the 9-12oz (both combined) that I was able to get out in the 2-5 month range. During that time frame, I was pumping once in the early morning to get my freezer stash up for a hospital stay that occurred in Aug. I think pumping works better when you have excess milk stored in your breast.

I'm sure your LO is still getting milk. My DD is a quick nurser and doesn't nurse as often as she used to but I know from the few times she's been onery and let milk run out the side of her mouth, she is definitely still getting milk.

I've heard of some ladies going the soy, goat, or almond milk route. :shrug: I suppose it depends on if there are any known allergies in yours or OH's background.
I know I personally haven't tried the other 2 but almond milk is way easier on my stomach than cow's milk (I have IBS, ugh).

Good luck on whatever route you choose :flower: Sorry if I'm not much help but I didn't want to read and run.

My daughter hasn't been sleeping well either. We cosleep but she just flops around at times, if I attempt to nurse, she will sometimes bite :cry: Put her in her crib and she screams :shrug:

I haven't used a pump in several months but the last time I did, I was only able to get a small amount out compared to the 9-12oz (both combined) that I was able to get out in the 2-5 month range. During that time frame, I was pumping once in the early morning to get my freezer stash up for a hospital stay that occurred in Aug. I think pumping works better when you have excess milk stored in your breast.

I'm sure your LO is still getting milk. My DD is a quick nurser and doesn't nurse as often as she used to but I know from the few times she's been onery and let milk run out the side of her mouth, she is definitely still getting milk.

I've heard of some ladies going the soy, goat, or almond milk route. :shrug: I suppose it depends on if there are any known allergies in yours or OH's background.
I know I personally haven't tried the other 2 but almond milk is way easier on my stomach than cow's milk (I have IBS, ugh).

Good luck on whatever route you choose :flower: Sorry if I'm not much help but I didn't want to read and run.

thanks herewego. I appreciate your input! i had a great chat with the HN today too so I definitely feel better about everything! your reply def helped :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->