I think the earth just moved and not in a good way

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Im sitting here flicking through the internet and watching tv before bed and im sure I just felt a little earth quake.

Last time that happened though everything was shaking and it scared the sh*t out of me :) it was kinda obvious what was going on but its still scary even little ones, god knows how people cope with the big ones.

Im probably imagining it though im tired :)

Earthquakes suck. Sorry if you just had one.

I live in California. I was young when the huge earthquake of '89 happened. So even when we get little ones I freak out. Now that I'm older I freak out even more, I think. I think about all the sink holes that are appearing and get scared that the earth is going to split beneath my feet :wacko:

My friend felt one in Italy this morning too, scary x

wow I didn't think we could get earth quakes in the uk, or thats what I have always been told.

Im not doubting you tho, It must have been weird!

oh god i hate them, never felt one but it would totally freak me out. watching footage of earthquakes on tv makes me shiver, especially footage of the japanese earthquake. one guy recorded the ground moving and water pouring up. i actually heaved and ran out of the room :haha:

as im a nosey cow lol i just googled uk earthquakes. the BGS said the last one was on the 24th in wales, 1.2 mag. another website said no earthquakes in uk for over 50 days!!

https://newsblogged.com - latest earthquakes worldwide. i know the world plates move all the time but holy cow i didnt think this much

Sink holes are absolutely terrifying!!!

wow I didn't think we could get earth quakes in the uk, or thats what I have always been told.

Im not doubting you tho, It must have been weird!

We get only small ones compared to everywhere else but the uk gets an earth quake on adverage about 4-5 times a month.
The last noticable one we had I was sitting up late and everything starteed shaking and the first thing that poped into my head was to hide in the door way, no idea where I got that from :)

Eek, scary! There was a big (by UK standards) one in 2008 - we'd not long moved into our place and were lying in bed at about 1am talking when everything shook. I was so confused I thought it as a JCB digger outside :dohh:

Ive only felt one here, last year when i was pregnant, was about a 3 or 4....the windows rattled and my DH and i were like what the? We had another one here about the same size last week but we all slept through it in this household!

There have been two major quakes in the past week tho, Turkey and Peru. Good ness know what one like that would feel like, terrifying no doubt.

Hiding in the doorway is what we were taught to do during earthquake drills when I was in grade school. That, and hiding underneath a strong table (with nothing heavy or electronics on it). So, good thinking :winkwink:

I think sink holes scare me so bad because when DH and I were traveling cross country, we saw an accident happen before our eyes...it was a sink hole forming...it was small at first and in a matter of what seemed like minutes it was HUGE. It was f*cking SCARY to see that happen, I am shuddering just thinking about it. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured or killed but man it was scary. Once it finally stopped forming it was covering almost 3 lanes, almost 3 and a half.

I remember the earthquake in 2008, I thought I was getting burgled til I heard my brother shout that it was an earthquake. My dad slept through it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->