I thought i was too young for wrinkles

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
OMG my face!!

Its been happening over about the last year, but the last month or so its getting REALLY noticable. Im getting awful crows feet around my eyes, & horizontal lines right across my forehead!!!!!!! :(

Im 24, smoke roughly 10 cigarettes a day (i know, i know) but do always wear moisturizer with sunscreen. If im honest, since having LO, my skin care regime has taken a dive. I buy cheap products (normally whats on offer) & have become a complete sucker for face wipes rather than a seperate cleanser & toner. There just so quick & easy! I wash my face twice a day with a cheap scrub, use a face wipe, then moisturize. No make up except mascara, unless its a special occasion.

Please please please can someone tell me what to do?? Its really getting me down. I will post pictures...

Sorry ladies... very unsightly photo! :cry:
That's my face completely neutral. When I smile... its a million times worse!

Attachments

• 2014-06-06 22.44.43.jpg
    2014-06-06 22.44.43.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 45
They're not crows feet, they're smile lines - I like 'em! :shy:

Using a scrub twice a day is a bit rough, my skin can only handle a scrub every few days! Is there a reason you wash it so much so often, while not wearing makeup? I usually rinse my face in the AM with just water, then a gentle cleanser at night. I don't moisturizer or wear sunscreen, but I live in a humid climate and work indoors all day. I don't wear makeup but mascara either.

I have to say it though, the smoking is probably doing you the most damage for sure. Do you drink a lot of water? The first place to show mild dehydration is the skin.

Being tired, not drinking enough water so dehydration will probably be the main reason for getting them at 24, and obviously smoking doesn't help. I'm 22 and I notice fine lines when I'm tired but then they seem to disappear.
I agree with PP, using a scrub twice a day could be too harsh, sometimes when it comes to your skin care less is more, you should cleanse and moisturise your face daily but only use a scrub 2-3 times a week, that could also be dehydrating your skin by stripping all the oils out of it. You can buy eye firming creams, Balance Me do a great one it really lifts your under eye area. I think Soap and Glory do one too. Also always wear an SPF on your face, even when it's not really warm outside, the sun doesn't have to be super hot for it to damage your skin.

Exfoliating twice a day is waaay too much! I do it 2-3 times a week. You'll br completely stripping your skin of any healthy oils and dry skin gets wrinkles quicker than oily!

I wouldn't exfoliate twice a day, I don't use a scrub as I have sensitive skin, I use Clinique cleanser, toner and moisturiser but tbh I don't use it religiously, every time I shower and when I need my make up removing. My curse is spots though, I haven't even begun to seek out wrinkles yet! I have to say I think smoking will be a big problem, I always remember when they did that a anti smoking advert with the young girl putting on her make up they showed the potential damage around eyes. Lots of other reasons to give up on the inside too ;) I'm sure only you notice though x

I smoke but I don't have wrinkles & I'm 35. Use almond oil around your eyes, try a a good eye cream, drink water, eat healthy fats like avocado & raw nuts (almonds are loaded with vit E) & green veggies, & go for facials with eye contouring. A crystal peeling might also help

I'm 26 with a really youthful face APART from my eyes, which have lines like yours and some below in the "eyebag" region! I don't smoke anything and never have!

I think I know what's to blame...Until this year I never knew anything about skincare routines...I used wipes and never used cleanser, I didn't regularly moisturise and I used very cheap makeup. I also never sunscreened and I have consistently dehydrated myself...Oh, and I smile and laugh CONSTANTLY...Just my personality!

Now switched to Simple moisturiser and cleanser/toner daily, plenty of water and fruits/veggies. Still laughing and smiling and it's not getting any worse :)

I started noticing wrinkles round my eyes this year (I'm 33) and it really shocked me, apart from round my eyes my skin is really smooth. I noticed I was squinting a lot when driving so now I wear sunglasses as much as I can, I always did the full cleanse/tone/moisturise routine but now I buy more eye creams. It's unfair I get wrinkles and spots simultaneously

I wish I had wrinkles! I squint in the mirror with excitement because I see them faintly under my eyes. I'm 21 and have such baby looks. I use cheapish make up, but alternate with foundation (from Avon to L'oreal), non-smoker, raise my brows/frown a lot but still no creases in my forehead wither :(

Stop exfoliating twice a day, aim for once or twice a week.

Don't use wipes every day, 99% of wipes contain alcohol which will strip the skin of any moisture, as a PP said dryer skin ages quicker than oily skin!

The new No7 perfect and perfect intense advanced serum is brilliant for lines and wrinkles! (But I'm a No7 advisor so I'm biased)

Stop exfoliating twice a day, aim for once or twice a week.

Don't use wipes every day, 99% of wipes contain alcohol which will strip the skin of any moisture, as a PP said dryer skin ages quicker than oily skin!

The new No7 perfect and perfect intense advanced serum is brilliant for lines and wrinkles! (But I'm a No7 advisor so I'm biased)

Can you use that serum around the eye area too?

Don't exfoliate twice a day, try twice a week instead. Drink lots of water. Smoking doesn't help and does age you. Find an eye cream/serum that works for you. I have heard no7 is good (and it's affordable).

wrinkles give your face more expression :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->