I Told the Truth about Santa & I Regret It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I tried to make it better by reiterating that the spirit of Santa is very real, but the grown-up truth sat in his eyes.

Click HERE to read the article!

-

Edit: due to some confusion I just wish to confirm this article is not wrote by me personally. I share articles from Momtatsic/Mumtastic that I think some of the users will enjoy to read.

Oh mannn im depressed after reading that!😢😢😢
Not sure my parents ever told me the truth, im now 32 and she still asks me each year if hes been haha

Sending hugs hun x

motherofboys had some good ideas for keeping the excitement if that helps as one of her boys knew this year too. I'll try to bump the thread for you.

:hugs:

There you go hun, think thats the right thread bumped. It'll still be magical and exciting so although it may have been a little shock, thats not what christmas is truely about, it won't be as bad as it seems now I'm sure. X

Oh no! :(
Surely he will keep up the secret for his little sister though? And help you guys out to make it special for her like he experienced it? Plus, he's still welcomed with lots of surprises whether it be from the man in red or you!

There will come a time when they click on and find out you've worked your butts off to try and fulfil their wishes and they will understand it as time goes on.

When or if your children question the existence and you feel it's not the right time to "come clean", create the online Santa video or letter for them x

PS - I was told at the age of 6 in case I was bullied at school for believing in him.

I still hate the fact that ds1 knows. He has been so good not telling his brothers.

I don't even want to think about when that day comes:( Its so much more fun and magical when they still believe!

Sending hugs hun x

motherofboys had some good ideas for keeping the excitement if that helps as one of her boys knew this year too. I'll try to bump the thread for you.

It wasn't me who wrote the article :blush: but thanks <3

I share Momtastic/Mumtastic articles daily.

x

That's so depressing. My mam never told me. I don't intend to tell the kids. It'll get to a point when they know he's not real, and I'll know they know he's not real, and they'll know I know they know he's not real, but none of us will verbally acknowledge it, and all will still be right with the world ;)

It would be nice for it to happen that way. In our case it was an angry 8 year old arguing with dh in front of the little ones that "I know he isn't real! I know you buy the presents" so he had to be called away and spoken to about it.

Sending hugs hun x

It wasn't me who wrote the article :blush: but thanks <3

I share Momtastic/Mumtastic articles daily.

x

Oops, how did I not see there was an article! Totally red faced now ha!

Thats so sad :(

That's so depressing. My mam never told me. I don't intend to tell the kids. It'll get to a point when they know he's not real, and I'll know they know he's not real, and they'll know I know they know he's not real, but none of us will verbally acknowledge it, and all will still be right with the world ;)

What if they question you with it? Would you lie or tell the truth? Or try follow the same steps as the article stating that he's real if you believe in him?

DD is oblivious to it all despite me wrapping things either in front of her or with her help. She's seen all her presents in the bags and asks if they are hers. Sometimes I'll say no, sometime I'll says yes but "Santa's coming to pick them up soon to bring them to you" in which her response is "ooh okay".

When they are old enough to work it out I cant say I am that bothered tbh. I think it will be last year for my 2 but not overly fussed? They already know santa in shops isnt real and that I buy most the presents. This year they keep askig questions and I have been honest that santa is the magic of christmas but that doesnt have to be 'one person'.

What if they question you with it? Would you lie or tell the truth? Or try follow the same steps as the article stating that he's real if you believe in him?

I'd say "Well people who don't believe in Santa don't get presents from Santa, and he always brings the best presents!" and I'd leave it at that.

it fairness this happened with me, I remember 1 yr believing and the next I didnt. I remembrr talking to my little brought about him when he was a toddler. There was never any conversation about it. But it depends on the kid, Im quite accepting of these things.
This is our first yr ds1 has really started to understand Christmas, although still Ltd due to his speech delay he doesn't ask further questions he is again very accepting. Today we are visiting father christmas and he is going to ask him for a dinosaur.. which we have ;)

Kids talk at school! Magic can be found with giving and finding love and kindness to make others happy too. X its not over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"