I used Afrin.....

aspiringmum

Reaction score
Hey gals,
I have the WORST case of pregnancy rhinitis known to man (in my opinion, ha!) I haven't slept in DAYS because of not being able to breath through my nose, and last night and today I was at the end of my rope....so I used Afrin nasal spray. I didn't look it up last night because I was having an anxiety attack about being so exhausted and unable to breath, so I just used it (and it worked). Today, I had the same thing happen so I just used it again and then look it up....and now I am reading that it says it's unsafe during the first tri. I definitely won't use it again but do you think I've caused any serious damage?!?!

I thought Afrin was okay to use. It's a local treatment, shouldn't do anything systemic that could affect baby...

Anyone else have experience with this?

If not overused it should be fine, but I would stop using it just in case.

The active ingredient in Afrin could possibly constrict the uterine blood vessels and reduce blood flow to the fetus.

From https://cold.emedtv.com/afrin/afrin-and-pregnancy.html

I used it once before I realized the issue. Try Simply Saline along with Nettipot. It should help. If you have a humidifier, use it. My nose is constantly dry and very slight bleeding (this is mainly due to extreme*dryness). All of these helps me and all natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->