I want a water Hypno birth and maybe even a homebirth

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I am going to like this forum!

13 weeks with no.1 and I have it clear in my mind I want a waterbirth and I want to Hypno birth. I keep umming and ahhing over a home birth.

My sister asked me the other day, she said I'd be lucky if I get to use the birthing pool, over the Hypno birth she said 'if it works' and then went on to tell me how my niece would have died if she had not been in hospital.

I then got grumpy and said I don't want to hear birth stories, birth experiences, comments negative to my decisions and in fact the birth of my baby is not up for discussion.

So 15 minutes later she starts talking about her experience of child birth. Grrrr!

I really have it clear in my mind how I want it to be and I truly believe in hypnobirthing so I'm going to enjoy the support on here and never discuss with anyone except hubby :)

well its great your thinking about it so clearly,

one thing i will say is that first labours dont always go to plan , i planned a beautiful waterbirth for my first and I did get to labour in the pool but the amount of time id been in labour left me too tired at the cruical moments so the birth ended up different to how i hoped in ALOT of ways including having to get out of the pool, I learnt alot from it,
Im not saying its not possible I just want you to have your goals in mind but to also plan out what would happen were things not to go to plan and how you want them managed so even if you dont end up acheiving your goals ( which i hope you do caus natural birth is so wonderful and fulfilling ) that you dont come away with regrets or feelings of failure. Its a learning process birth and your first is even moreso.

Good luck sweetie I hope you get the birth you want and look forward to talking more with you

Good advice thank you :)

I know things can happen so need to think about it but don't want to dwell on the negative side of things too much.

hi hun thats great that your thinking that, i know some peoples birth stories can put you off expecialy if its your first, your family will be just worried for you expecialy if noone else has had a hypno/home birth the best advice i can give you is talk to your mw be clear on what you want and your birth plan, keep an open mind as to how you might feel when your in labour and coping with pain, i know hypnobirthing is great and keeps your body relaxed and you often cope a lot better, im sure ul have a great birth with watever that happens hoping you get the birth you desire x

I feel the same way dont want negitive comments about HB. Is your hubby all yes' or is he still thinking? My hubby isnt certain when i asked what are his reason against HB all he could say what if you hemmorage lol well people dont bleed for no reason. If that is his only reservation I'm still considering it. I am due feb 10th would love to have a friend who is on the same journey

I'm due feb 10th too! Love to buddy up :) my hubby is happy with whatever I choose.
I cant make up my mind because I get the 'what it's going round in my mind. But my mw is encouraging a hb and I've read awful stuff about crowded labour units :-s

Hi Ladies. I'm also in my 13th week with my first baby (due 6th Feb) and really want a home waterbirth. My midwife is very pro homebirth and hopefully I will get her by my side on the day!

I think we have to wait until 28 weeks to book the home birth. I'm reading hypnobirthing and hoping for a medication free labour....we shall see lol!

The thing about HB is, you can always transfer in if you need to.

If you're in hospy, it's not like you can just change your mind and go home half way if it takes your fancy! PLANNING a HB doesn't mean you rule out a hospy birth completely; you just keep your options open and only go to hosp. if you feel you NEED to on the day.

You don't go to hospital IN CASE you break your leg, right? ;)

Really irks me when people go on about "well, if I;d have been at home I woulda DIED!" Sometimes true, but often true that being in hosp CAUSED the life threatening problem in the first place!

The thing about HB is, you can always transfer in if you need to.

If you're in hospy, it's not like you can just change your mind and go home half way if it takes your fancy! PLANNING a HB doesn't mean you rule out a hospy birth completely; you just keep your options open and only go to hosp. if you feel you NEED to on the day.

That is exactly my thinking! I am 2 mins away from the largest hospital in the county with the best neonatal unit. Even if I can't have my homebirth for whatever reason I intend to stay at home and labour there for as long as darned possible.

I am interested in hypnobirthing as well plus a waterbirth but am aware that as a ftm It may well not go to 'plan' lol. I am thinking aobut what classes to go to a the moment...I have been recommended NCT classes but I really would love hypnobirthing or natural ones. What are other peoples opinions of them??? I'd love to hear your opinions before I book any!

I am not sure I have my OH's support on this, I think he is open to do what I want and wants me to be happy so will go with it but from what I have read, he reeeeeally needs to be on my side.... :S

I have decided on a home water birth as well and I'm really happy with my decision. We've been doing hypnobirthing as well and it's taught us so much! I think the reason I've decided on a home birth is because my practitioner has made me (and my husband) feel so much more positive about birth. It's taught me that I can do it, my body has been designed to do it and can cope with it.
I've been listening to the scripts every day and I'm really learning to relax and use hypnotherapy correctly. I'd really recommend it because I think it's all about the mind. I don't expect not to feel pain - I just expect to be able to find my way through, as a result of everything I've learned and the strength of my body.
I don't really listen to other people's opinions that much. Most people think I'm nuts for deciding to have a home birth. But as has been already said, you don't go to hospital in case you break your leg! I know that the hospital is there if I need it and that's enough for me.

You've got nothing to lose by hypnobirthing, and I'd personally recommend it. I don't have any experience of water or home births as I'd planned a waterbirth at a birthing centre and had to go to hospital instead as DD was in distress, best laid plans and all that, but the hypnobirthing can help in any situation.

It seems that the two things go hand-in-hand from what i read? After a 4 hr pain relief-free labour last time, I would love a home birth if possible this time. I live in a cottage though with not a lot of space, so dry land would be my option lol. Has anybody else planned a homebirth without a pool here :)

I'm a midwife and I'm hoping for a home-hypno-water birth. I definitely recommend the hypnobirthing classes, they really gave me the confidence to go for it! They also really changed my husbands thoughts about home birth too and now he is so supportive, sometimes I think he's even keener than I am! He also read a book called 'The Fathers Homebirth Handbook' which he founds really useful. The hypnobirthing will teach you some great relaxation and breathing techniques but more importantly they'll change the whole way you've been conditioned to think about childbirth, into a more positive experience.

Many people think I'm nuts, even some midwife colleagues have mentioned I might be better off in hospital! The worst comment I hear is "you're so brave!" I flippin hate that one! I'd feel braver going into hospital personally! :haha:

Just took my first HypnoBirthing class last night and loved it!!! Planning a water birth at a birthing center right now as well and can't wait!

I am so lucky my husband is so supportive. We are now taking the attitude to let other people say their piece, ignore them and don't tell them what we are doing.

I am now 17 weeks, my hypno birthing course starts in November. I'm already listening to the CD that came with the book, hubby is (slowly) reading the book.

I work as a therapist and when I chatted with my supervisor he reminded me women are designed to birth babies and as long as I have no medical problems then a home birth is what I should go for becuase I really want it.

I want to plan it all now! Can anyone recommend a birthing pool to buy?

We are moving house and have a lovelt conservatory and garden. I'd love to use the conservatory and see the garden as its so peaceful esp if its covered in snow! Must admit, I am worried about if it snows and midwife can't get to me or I can't get to the hospital if needs be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->