I want to stop, lo having none of it...

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
Nathan is 13m & I have hated breastfeeding him for the
Last 2-3months,
He's been poorly with colds so I've been reluctant to stop nursing but I cannot stand it anymore, Every feed he bites!!! He chews on my boobs as he's falling asleep,
He will clamp down and pull back effectively slicing into my nipple with his 8 little teeth
He wants to be at the boob 12-14times per 24hrs!!
I cannot take it anymore!!!

But he won't drink expressed milk or cows milk from any cup /bottle

Ifi deny him boob he scream and screams til he's hoarse, throws himself on the floor, bites at my arms and legs, nips and scratches... I often feed him for the quiet life then end up crying from the damage he's doing

He's up 3/4 times a night, and I usually have to sleep in the single with him from 3am so he can sleep latched on chewing at me

Help

This was me exactly and i didnt manage to stop but am slowly cutting out feeds. The biting at every feed and grating your nipples does stop though and after a few days the tantrums are getting less aswell. Is it possible for your Oh or a family member to be around at weekends to help distract lo when you know he will feed? I decided to start with day feeds. He doesnt need boob to sleep and was just feeding as and when he pleased constantly switching and peeing me off. So i decided that after his first feed of the day he would have no feeds until before bed.
I started on days when he goes to nursery so i only had a few hours a day to avoid feeding and would just imediatly give him a mini rice cake when we walked in (always insisted on feeding as soon as we get home) and just give him plenty of cuddles when he tantrums to show him he can have comfort in other ways. Avoid sitting on the sofa if he associates it with feeding too.
At weekends i constantly went out. Anything to keep him distracted. It took about a week for him to accept that he wouldnt get fed during the day and it helped reduce night feeds to just 1/2 a night. Im now trying to cut out the evening feed by bringing it forward to before his bath instead of just before bed and then hopefully i can cut it out. Its hard but it only gets harder as they get older unless they are ready to wean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->