I weighed Alexa today...

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
and she weighs 26 pounds! She will be six months on the 17th, and at her 4 month doctors appointment she was 20 pounds, so thats 6 pounds in less than two months:shock: She is breastfed and loves her booby juice but that is alot of weight. She was 27.5 inches at fou months and I think she is about 30 inches now, but won't know until her doctors appointment on the 17th. Anyone elses five/six month old breastfed baby weigh this much?

oh that is cute, my son was a big boy too when he was a baby and i love it

OH is a bit concerned that she will be overweight when she is older, because he is, but I told him that if all I ate all day was fatty breast milk and was not crawling around I would be chunky too:rofl:

:happydance: that's just too funny, but i am sure she will out grow it, my sister was very chunky as a kid and now she is skinny and i tell her you are so lucky you don't have to workout to stay slim. My son is now 11 months old and he has lost allot of weight since 6 months old. I am sure she will be fine and you well lets not get into fatty foods because i can name off a hundred i like, lol :rofl:

my doctor told me once she starts moving around more she will thin out so I am not concerned. my niece was chunky too, and now at 13 months weighs 21 pounds... poor Alexa weighs more than her older cousin :rofl::rofl::rofl: but yeahlucky her enjoying pudgy life with no worries!!

Just monitor her weight.If she gains too much it would be hard on her limbs if she wants to learn to crawl.

Just monitor her weight.If she gains too much it would be hard on her limbs if she wants to learn to crawl.

If she is strickly BFed I doubt theres much she could do besides not feed her. And who's going to not feed their baby when they are hungry for boobie?
I think she is adorable! Bigger than Colton! Which is surprising! He's only around 24lbs.

OMG she is the same height as my 1 year old and weighs more !! Lol my LO is 24lbs as of yesterday. She is such a cutie and what can you do if she loves her boobie, my friends little one was weighed yesterday, he is only 3 months and he weighed 21lbs !!!!

my friends little boy was exactly the same weight now hes running around etc hes thinned out i wouldnt worry about it to much :D

aww i really wouldn't worry about it. as you said when she starts crawling she'll burn most of it off. Bet she's already in a stage 1 carseat as well! Bella is about 28.5 inches long but she was 25" when born. BTW your LO is gorgeous.

sounds like you have some great milk mummy :) i wouldn't worry to much honey once she starts moving about she'll be fine x x x

Caitlyn was on the 91st percentile, or there abouts for ages but she isn't even above the 75th now she's crawling and rolling and swimming x

Oh she is trying to crawl, and can already drag herself around using her arms so I am not too worried about that!

Don't worry about it hun, she's beautiful! :cloud9: she will definitely even out as she becomes more active

She's gorgeous hun, nothing wrong with a chubby baby, it's cute!

My lily kept just going higher and higher up the percentile, It really worried me and quite upset me too, so i weaned her at 5 months and now shes found her percentile, way off the charts but shes not just getting bigger and bigger now! Chubby babies are great! Im very overweight and didnt want lily going the same way as me and her dad so im pleased shes evened out now! Alexa is beautiful, weaning lily was just my personal choice, if your worried you could always try that or just leave her on the booby! Your her mummy! Oh and by the way lily now weighs 22lb 4. xx

She looks gorgeous in your avatar! And it will all fall off as soon as she starts moving around - they use up so much energy!

Sam's 8 months today and only 18lb 6oz! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->