Ideas for 7 year old boys

DCS

Reaction score
What do have been hits with your 7 year olds? Ds will be 8 in march. He onlyvreally plays with lego but he have so much already and my mum is holding 4 under the bed style boxes full untill i make space for it all. The short long plastic boxes with lids. He loves notebooks and pens stickers etc. But again already has so much. Isnt into consoles or anything like that. He has a tablet but uses it once a week on a sunday morning.
He does taekwon do 3 times a week, swimming once a week. He likes trying out the different clubs at school. Did acro dance and gymnastics last year and is doing street dance at the minute. He loves to read and likes watching shows about how things are made, ibdont remember what its called but they explain how thing like rollercoasters are made. Its quite a grown up show.

He puts things on his list that i know he wont play with. Things like the pokemon belt with pokeballs. Willbbe played with for a week before they are forgotten about.
Im really trying to recduce the amount of crap we buy but i am so stuck for him.

Sorry for the long post. Just want to get it right for him. Thanks in advance.

Im also struggling for my son who will turn 7 in March. But 2 definites on the list are the ITop spinning top and the smart sketcher which is a bit pricey but I know he’ll love it as he’s forever trying to copy pictures from his iPad. Not sure on a main present yet. X

If he's in to martial arts have you seen the foldable gym mats in ikea? I got one each for my DSs and they look really good.

Your son sounds a lot like my just turned 7 year old. Lego obsessed!

I find stem games seem to be a big hit.

A couple I really recommend as they are 1 player so don’t need someone else to be able to play are circuit maze and gravity maze.
https://www.thinkfun.com/products/circuit-maze/
https://www.thinkfun.com/products/gravity-maze/

Also really loves Lego chain reactions
I comes with very few bits and works by combining with your existing bricks. It turns your Lego into little machines
https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/lego-chain-reactions-klutz/9780545703307

Following as thomas just turned 7

He really likes playmobil and so far I've put away some magnetic putty, magnetic tiles (he finds Lego too fiddly so hoping these tiles will make it easier for him to build) and a pack of howheels cars. I. think that's it.

Your son sounds a lot like my just turned 7 year old. Lego obsessed!

I find stem games seem to be a big hit.

A couple I really recommend as they are 1 player so don’t need someone else to be able to play are circuit maze and gravity maze.
https://www.thinkfun.com/products/circuit-maze/
https://www.thinkfun.com/products/gravity-maze/

Also really loves Lego chain reactions
I comes with very few bits and works by combining with your existing bricks. It turns your Lego into little machines
https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/lego-chain-reactions-klutz/9780545703307

Ooo think my nine year old would love that Lego chain reactions stuff! Thanks :thumbup:

My son is a little older, he'll be 8 in November.

He's got a lot of minecraft and star wars stuff. Xbox games. I'm looking at getting him started in martial arts so maybe some equipment. Boys are so hard. My little girl just likes cute stuff, that's easy 😂

Rhio, your right. Boys are tricky. Dd just wants all the LOL stuff.
He would live the chain reactions kit. Have added to list. And the games. The mat seems like a good idea. I havnt googled it yet but im not aure if he would get much use as he doesnt really practice at home since he goes 3 times a week. He likes stuff like putty and slime but i hate it because he never puts it away, it somehow ends up in the carpet/ on clitges/ on the dog etc Thank you all. Feel free to keep throwing ideas at me all greatly appreciated.

Struggling here too, my ds is massively into football and simply playing outside. I would like to get him one of those big table football tables but have no where to store one. I’m also completely avoiding the slime even the really good slime making sets

Struggling here too, my ds is massively into football and simply playing outside. I would like to get him one of those big table football tables but have no where to store one. I’m also completely avoiding the slime even the really good slime making sets

We have a small football table. MIL picked it up in wilko for about £2 in a sale. Its small enough that it fits under the bed but big enough that they can play with it. Its great. If you can get a small one i deffo recommend. Even 4 year old dd loves it and she isnt a football fan. It seems to bring out our competative sides.

On a side note ds has asked that as a christmas gift he might like to go work with a mechanic and see them fix cars and maybe help them out. Is that even a thing?

We have a small football table. MIL picked it up in wilko for about £2 in a sale. Its small enough that it fits under the bed but big enough that they can play with it. Its great. If you can get a small one i deffo recommend. Even 4 year old dd loves it and she isnt a football fan. It seems to bring out our competative sides.

On a side note ds has asked that as a christmas gift he might like to go work with a mechanic and see them fix cars and maybe help them out. Is that even a thing?

Thanks will definitely look into it then :thumbup:

We are getting our 8 year old a tablet, scooter, roblox annual, roblox toys, roblox gift card, 10 pounds (on his list lol), some lego and maybe some playmobile or something like that.

ETA - we will also get him some Dennis the menace books as he has got really into that lately

I have just given away about 5 of the big IKEA bags full of books. So trying to avoid books for a while, as much as I love books.
I have no idea what Roblox are but will Google.
He already has the big bits like tablet, scooter, bike.
Took both ds to Smyth's the other day, he pointed out a good few hundreds worth of Lego. Thanks for the ideas.

My boy will be 8 in October. For his birthday/ Christmas, he's asked for Hexbugs and Star Wars Blade Builders (the light sabre thingy) and a bike. I've been looking at a Hotwheels garage of some sort but wondering if he'd be too old for that kind of thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->