Ideas for a newborn at christmas

Fruitmash

Reaction score
I'll have LO before Christmas this year and I'm not sure what to do for him for Christmas! I wouldn't bother since he'll be so young but DD believes in Father Christmas so I'm not sure she'll understand why LO has nothing. But what can you even buy him! Maybe one of those things that dangle from the buggy for him to look at?
Any ideas?

For my ds2 first Christmas he mostly had toys I had kept from ds1 wrapped!! That way I was not spending out lots of money but he still got bits so ds1 would not question why.

For my ds2 first Christmas he mostly had toys I had kept from ds1 wrapped!! That way I was not spending out lots of money but he still got bits so ds1 would not question why.

Good idea...

If you haven't kept anything I'd maybe get a few things he will need over the next year. Playmat, rattles, buggy toy, stacking cups, clothes/pjs.

This is exactly what I was going to say too. LOL. I bought DS2 a few things when he was a baby, but also just wrapped up some of the baby toys from when DS1 was a baby.

DD1 was 8 weeks on her first Christmas.
I got her a swing, rattles, light up things and noisy/feely books. Things to last up until her 1st birthday which would have been 10 months away. My mum got her a clip on pram toy which was like a mobile. One sister got a sheep teddy with different activities, another got a play gym. Can't remember what other people got.

DD1 was 8 weeks on her first Christmas.
I got her a swing, rattles, light up things and noisy/feely books. Things to last up until her 1st birthday which would have been 10 months away. My mum got her a clip on pram toy which was like a mobile. One sister got a sheep teddy with different activities, another got a play gym. Can't remember what other people got.

Gracie was 10 weeks and thats what we did too.

We got her bigger sized clothes (some still don't fit her yet, haha!) and toys for up to her first birthday - only small, cheap things like linkie toys, a pram activity toy, books etc. I also got her Christmas tradition things like a personalised stocking and a personalised Christmas eve book.

My second is due a couple of weeks before Christmas and have bought things due to ds1 questioning. What I've done is think of things that dc2 will use during the first year. For example, we borrowed an activity station with ds1 which we don't have now, so have got a jumperoo for dc2. Ds1 loved his ball pit, and had it when he was around 4 months old but it tore by the end so have got one for dc2. I've also got a few bath bits and bobs as I find that they don't last well long term, as well as a teddy, a rattle and a couple of books.

My grandchild will be 8/9 weeks at christmas and I have got him/her a bouncer seat, a playmat, some light up/ rattly toys and I am hoping to get him/her a jumperoo and some clothes. I know he/she wont be using a jumperoo at christmas but he/she will grow into it and it means one less thing to buy later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->