Ideas for a small party?

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
My son turns 5 in a couple of months and I really don't want to do a massive party at a church hall or softplay. I was thinking of inviting maybe 10 kids, and probably only half or so will be able to make it. Having it at home isn't an option because we just don't have the space. Any ideas? I had thought maybe a trip to the cinema, but as I don't really know the kids I'd have to pay for their parents to all come as well, which would end up costing more than having the whole class at a softplay!

Seeing as it's going to be in the late spring the weather should be ok. Could you arrange for a few people to meet at your local park, take some picnic nibbles, a cake and drinks, and a football. Voila! :)

Alternatively, could you have a tea party at home? Just invite 1-2 of DS's close friends, blow up some balloons and invite them round for cake after school? This is probably what I will do for DS1 for his birthday this year.

The weather is always a gamble in this country though isn't it?! It would be a disaster if I planned something outdoors and it rained :wacko:

I agree just go small maybe 2 kids and do something at home

you can do a cinema party with a DVD and popcorn?

Or play board games. Swimming??

There was an idea on here before about indoor camping that might be fun get some tents inside and have a picnic

What does your son like?

For my daughters 5th were doing a bowling party with 10 kids

Also Pizza hut do a 'build your own pizza' party for kids which can be done for 10 kids

I think the problem you'll find is that most places want a minimum of 20 children if you are arranging it as a party for them.
For ours sons 5th party we took 10 children to a leisure centre where they jumped around on a bouncy castle for an hour and then ate food.

I'd probably take 2 or 3 and go to Pizza Hut or have a film party at your house.

For my daughters 5th were doing a bowling party with 10 kids

Also Pizza hut do a 'build your own pizza' party for kids which can be done for 10 kids

I think bowling would be a good one. My son has never been before and he likes the idea of doing something new and special for his birthday. Plus you only need a minimum of 6 kids which is great :thumbup:

We are having a pottery painting party for my nearly 5 year old boy, he has 6 friends coming plus my eldest 2 children only makes 8. There wasn't a minimum number and we can bring our own food which I am going to bring in cardboard lunchboxes.
He's really excited :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->