Ideas for boys 7 and 5?

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
I have no idea what to get them this year! They arent really playing with toys lately they are into the wii u which they got last christmas was definately a good buy but im lost for ideas!
They have so many toys already which never get played with so i dont just want to buy stuff for the sake of it.

LEGO is always a hit here. Riley will be 6, 3 days after Christmas and I'm planning on getting more LEGO, Nerf stuff and new fancy dress stuff as his are getting too small now xx

My middle son Joe will be 71/2 by Christmas, I plan on getting him a laptop as his main present, then some Five Nights at Freddy's items, Minecraft items, a new scooter, maybe Lego, arts and crafts bits.

We do a lot of LEGO, Hot Wheels, Meccano, adult coloring books (my 7 year old likes the more intricate designs as they catch his attention), licenced bedding etc. They also like Quixels, board games, jigsaws, arts and crafts etc. They always get at least one change of clothes. Then Santa Sacks are fresh and dried fruits, nuts, juice boxes, candy, toothbrushes, toothpaste etc.

Oldest mentioned the lego city police station but im reluctant to buy more lego because they have a fair few sets which they never play with.
Definately board games are on the list they were a bit hit last year especially guess who, im thinking cluedo junior and some orchard toys games for littlest although we will all play.
Going to check our five nights at freddies stuff they are obsessed with that!
I was thinking maybe bikes or a new tv for their room but not sure.

You might find that a new Lego set reignites your DS's excitement for the Lego he already has, that's what I find with my DS.

So far I'm planning to get my DS (6):
Lego
K'nex
stationary (he's mad for it)
Some fun Lego storage
Craft bits

His favorite toys atm are his rollerblades, binoculars, Lego and some more intricate Brio

Okay, I don't have boys, but could they do with a bike/scooter upgrade? Maybe a skateboard/inline skates if they are outdoorsy? My eldest turns 7 in January and she is getting a new bike (she has pretty much outgrown her 16" one so is getting a 20") and some roller skates.

My ds1 will be 6 1/2 at christmas and I'm lacking ideas too, im thinking maybe little presents rather than a main one which will be a first so he might be disappointed! He's mentioned heeleys so im keeping those in mind but not overly excited by the thought. I can see myself giving in and getting them all tablets if nothing else comes up

Okay, I don't have boys, but could they do with a bike/scooter upgrade? Maybe a skateboard/inline skates if they are outdoorsy? My eldest turns 7 in January and she is getting a new bike (she has pretty much outgrown her 16" one so is getting a 20") and some roller skates.

They both have scooters which are still good, bikes is a maybe we move house soon and need to suss out storage as atm we have a huge outhouse.

You might find that a new Lego set reignites your DS's excitement for the Lego he already has, that's what I find with my DS.

So far I'm planning to get my DS (6):
Lego
K'nex
stationary (he's mad for it)
Some fun Lego storage
Craft bits

His favorite toys atm are his rollerblades, binoculars, Lego and some more intricate Brio

I'll see how it gets played with over the next few months hoping to get youngest some of the cars 3 lego juniors for his bday in sept he will be 5. I think im half the problem because i get a bit ocd with it but they never look after their sets. I really want to make them a lego table

I'm thinking of getting Jacob a real camera. He has a vtech but obviously the actual picture quality is rubbish. He likes to take real photos and videos so that's my line of thinking at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting Jacob a real camera. He has a vtech but obviously the actual picture quality is rubbish. He likes to take real photos and videos so that's my line of thinking at the moment.

My oldest wants a camera so he can make youtube videos :dohh:

My oldest wants a camera so he can make youtube videos :dohh:

Yes J is very into vlogging :dohh::lol:

He is obsessed wih this dan tdm :dohh: so now wants to make his own gaming channel
He said his goal is to get a silver play button :haha:

I'm exactly the same except mine are 7&4 but don't play with toys much and youngest loves wii u, eldest plays wii but also now into Xbox (just has a 360 at the mo) not sure can justify a new Xbox or the like though at 7 as don't think he really understands about newest models etc yet.

I'm starting to think less is more though In re to toys, I think if they didn't have so much to choose from would they play with it more, not sure if they would. I got wrestlers, transformers, turtles sets and batman imaginext etc the past couple of years and he hardly bothers with them!
Elise's the likes lego but puts them together and it's done, he has phases of playing with it then nit bother for months.
We don't have much space to store things either, my eldest though has never been one to sit and play and use his imagination where as my youngest is abit better, but hasn't played with the Thomas the tank things from last yr v much, but then maybe I should encourage it more and get them out for them. My youngest does love play dough and will play with that for a fair while though.

Will read through the suggestions and follow for ideas.

I'm exactly the same except mine are 7&4 but don't play with toys much and youngest loves wii u, eldest plays wii but also now into Xbox (just has a 360 at the mo) not sure can justify a new Xbox or the like though at 7 as don't think he really understands about newest models etc yet.

I'm starting to think less is more though In re to toys, I think if they didn't have so much to choose from would they play with it more, not sure if they would. I got wrestlers, transformers, turtles sets and batman imaginext etc the past couple of years and he hardly bothers with them!
Elise's the likes lego but puts them together and it's done, he has phases of playing with it then nit bother for months.
We don't have much space to store things either, my eldest though has never been one to sit and play and use his imagination where as my youngest is abit better, but hasn't played with the Thomas the tank things from last yr v much, but then maybe I should encourage it more and get them out for them. My youngest does love play dough and will play with that for a fair while though.

Will read through the suggestions and follow for ideas.

I think its the same for my two they have too much stuff and it never gets played with. They have a full box of ninja turtles never comes out, full box of hot wheels its rare they play with although that could be my fault because the noise of the cars on the laminate makes me fume haha! They have toy story toys which im thinking of selling as they rarely get those out and same with the thomas bits.The only thing they are really into is superhero mashers so i will likely get them so more of those and board games,

My boys are similar age and the same, not really interested in toys as such. They're all about the iPad :dohh:
I'm going with knex this year to try and engage them but also looking for something electrical as joint present...off to research the wii u xx

Wii u is fab, yea ours lobe their iPads too, best and most used Christmas present we've ever brought and they've had the same ones about 4 years now! And still gong strong. They have periods of not using them so much but always go back to them and gold for trips too.
I think we will have board games and bed time story books, arts and crafts as always. Want to get them bunk beds but not sur did that's stingy getting them for Christmas! They have their own rooms but thought would be fun for sleep overs between the 2 of them now and then, youngest would love that (well they both would) as eldest has tv in his room too where as youngest dosnt.

The wii u was deffo worth the money as even when the kids are in bed i use it to watch netflix on the tv so everyones a winner!
I have a holiday booked next year so they wont be getting too much but i dont want them to think its crap after getting the wii u last year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->