Ideas for hot drinks that don't cause heartburn

Babushka

Reaction score
Ok I'm a big fan of coffee but am having to cut down on it because of the severe heartburn it's giving me lately. My other favourite hot drink that I crave is lemon, honey & ginger but that gives me mild heartburn too. So I'm wondering what other girls suffering heartburn are drinking?

BTW I can't stand tea & herbal teas either.

I think chocolate causes heartburn as well. Do you like warm milk? I drank warm milk with honey a lot during second trimester, when my heartburn was at its worst.

for me peppermint tea (actually gets rid of heartburn) or milky hot chocolate.

Ywp I was gonna say peppermint tea to. Its an aquired taste like all fruit/herbal teas. Plus I think while ur pregnant youhave to be careful of certain herbal teas.
This gonna sound silly but as kids we used to hsve hot ribena....could u try something like that?

Peppermint is great. I also love Twining Cherry & Cinammon.

Avoid milk - contrary to popular belief, it actually creates a vicious circle and produces more stomach acid, resulting in more heartburn after some initial, short-lived relief. x

How about just sipping on hot water? I picked up the habit from fieldwork in the Himalayas and I love it! It's especially soothing in cool weather.

Hot water with lemon , if u can stomach it peppermint works wonders literally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->