Ideas??

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on what people might think is going on with me but with out jumping to the conclusion of pre-eclampsia.

I'm 37 weeks and my BP has been slowly rising. Today I have had readings of 135/98 - 133/94 - 142/94 but I have also been getting normal readings 130/89 - 122/85 - 128/83. In the last hour or so I have started to see flashing lights (black) which I know isn't good but when I have taken my BP moments later its not that bad.

I got severe pre-eclampsia with my daughter but it came on suddenly (in a matter of hours). I don't want to jump to conclusions with this so i'm looking for alternative ideas. Has anyone experienced anything similar and everything has been ok?

No experience I'm afraid, but I think if I were in your position I'd be giving my midwife a call for advice. Have you had your urine tested recently? Xx

I'd be calling too. Hope it is something else but the flashing lights would concern me x

Well I ended up calling the hospital and going in. I spent 2 days in their while they sorted out my BP. They all suspected pre-e but my bloods came back fine so it's not that. I now have to go to hospital every 2/3 days for pre-e tests as they're waiting for it to come back now.

I'm going through the same, had pre e with both my previous pregnancies. Uv had swelling, flashing lights and daily head aches, my Bp has slowly been increasing but repeat Bp has always gone down. I'm been seen weekly now as there waiting for it to start as also been having protein. Consultant yesterday said if I have same symptoms next week at 37 weeks they will go ahead and induce. My bloods a few weeks ago were border line. X

i had high bp last preg and headaches an eventually put meds to stabalise bp wasnt give pre e diagnosis this time. My first i got severe pre e in labour (was fine 2days before). I had urine sent off an bloods testin pre e an came back fine. Your fine bps are border high re 130-140/80-90 is border high but still fine.bp in its self isnt pre e you need protein in urine, headaches etc as well nor bp an protein . Def mention mw though hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->