If you had a close age gap between kids...

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
When did the second baby arrive? I've just been reading an article that talked about how second babies are more likely to come earlier if there was a short gap between pregnancies, and it's got me wondering how often this actually happens. :shrug:

DD was born at 38+4 weeks, when I went into labor naturally, so I'd be fine if this LO comes around the same time, but obviously don't want him to be TOO early.

I didn't have a short gap between my first 2, they are 4 years apart. But my first was born on his due date and my second was born at 37 weeks exactly. I am now pregnant with number 3 and only 34 weeks and i lost my mucus plug yesterday, So I'm hoping i make it to term!

My first 2 are 15.5 months apart, my 2nd was earlier than my first but that was due to medical reasons rather than he came when he was ready to come, not sure what will happen this time but it is another small age gap ...... We will have 3 under 3!

Mine are 17months apart each. First born at 41 weeks. Second and third induced at 42 weeks. They were super comfy and didn't want to come out.

21 month gap and both came at 41 weeks. I expect similar this time

12 month 10 day gap and both came at 41 weeks. This time it's a 13 year gap so not sure what to expect lol! x

I have a 17 month age gap between DS1 and DS2. DS arrived at 41+5 all natural (my water broke first). Amazingly DS2 arrived at 38+3, again all natural and my waters broke first. Curious how Our third baby will be. There will be about 18 months between her and DS2

this is my second and they will be 20 months apart i just want to be nosey and see what people say :haha: my DD was born at 39 weeks so i'm curious if this one will be earlier she must stay put until 37 weeks!!!

this is interesting. I wonder... My kids will be 28 months apart,but I lost a pregnancy in between them. I wonder if that makes any difference? My son was born exactly at 38 weeks, and I am hoping this one follows suit! I dont know how to be pregnant longer than that! I was begging to be done at that point the first time around :flower:

^I'm not sure that early losses make a difference. We lost our very first baby and I still went nearly 42 weeks w DS1 But it's neat to speculate. Would be interesting if they did studies on that

My 1st was 26 months old when my 2nd was born. He was born at lightning speed after only 20 mins of labour. My 2nd was 4 when my 3rd was born and again I had a fast labour 40 mins from start to finish x

There was a 16month age gap between my first and second 1st come at 36 weeks 2nd at 40 weeks and 3 days I had to be induced

I was induced with dd1 and she was born at 37 weeks exactly. There's 25 months between them and i'm already at 38 weeks today. I guess it hasn't worked for me - probably because of the induction first time.

My first baby was born at 38w5d. My water broke at 38w4d at bedtime. I'm currently 38w2d and feel like I'm "due" in 3 days. It's driving me NUTS because I don't feel like anything is happening while I spent 5 days in early labor with my first before my water broke and he was born 21 hours later. This time, no contractions, no plug loss, nothing. :(

DS 42+2, DD 40+3 so big diff here! Age gap at 20 months.

17 month gap between my two boys. I was 11 days over with my 1st and my waters broke at 39 weeks with my 2nd. Xx

This is a real mixed bag of responses! It looks like that article may have been exaggerated, since it doesn't seem to matter much if pregnancies are close together in terms of going into labor early. :shrug:

My babies have a 21 month gap. My first was born at 38w2d and my second was born at 40w0d! I was pissed that my second took its sweet time hehehe!

When I hit 38w2d with my second I felt that I had gone overdue.

My babies have a 21 month gap. My first was born at 38w2d and my second was born at 40w0d! I was pissed that my second took its sweet time hehehe!

When I hit 38w2d with my second I felt that I had gone overdue.

This is exactly my fear. That when I hit 38+4 I'm going to feel like it's my due date. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->