If you make baked goods for gifts....

DCS

Reaction score
When do you make them? We usualy do them Xmas eve. It's such a pain because the kitchen ends up a mess, and it takes almost all day. I always worry they won't taste fresh if I do them before. I do always weigh, measure and mix dry ingredients the night before though.

I usually try and do them the day before Christmas eve and put them in an airtight container, but this year I have plans that Friday so I will have to do it Christmas eve which just feels like a pain with the time and mess.

2 years ago I didn't get time to bake OHs favourite cookies so I just bought the bakery ones from Sainsburys on Christmas eve and put them in a box. He still has no idea :rofl:

Depends what the baked goods are. Some cookies freeze really well, so I do those ahead of time. Cut out sugar cookies, especially, freeze very well and taste perfect when you thaw them once ready to use them. Drop type cookies you can make dough ahead, freeze the dough into cookie sized portions, and then all you have to do is bake it when ready so they'll be fresh. I do this for things like chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies, M&M cookies. Sometimes I make breads, too, like zucchini or banana, and those freeze really well, too, so they can be made ahead of time as long as they are wrapped really well.

I do! I make different kinds of cookies and portion and freeze the dough. And when I'm ready to start handing it out I just bake as needed.

I'm making truffles this year. They have a 2 week shelf life so waiting until this time next week to make them as they'll be gifted before christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->