• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If your kiddo has had Chicken Pox...

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
If your kiddo has had Pox where did the spots start and how long after you noticed the first ones was it until they were covered? I've noticed raised spots on DD's bum, a couple on her thighs and knee and one on a foot that looks like a wee blister and it is in the nursery so it is looking likely to be that.

Just wondering what to look out for if it is Chicken Pox. Thanks! 🐓

First spots in nappy area but thought it was nappy rash. Next ones were on his neck then face and back then his stomach and finally a few on his legs and feet. He did t have that many to be honest but it took ages for them all to come out. First day I noticed two in his neck, next day there were two more on his neck/upper back and two in his face. Third day a few more on his face and back. Took a week for all of them to come out but I think it's usually faster than that.
A very warm bath will help to draw them out if it's chicken pox.

My 3 have all had pox in the last couple of weeks (dd1 still off school.)
Dd2 caught it first, she woke up one morning and as she was getting dressed I noticed spots on her belly/back and there were lots on her scalp. They were very quick to appear behind her ears and on her forehead and she got some on her bum too. She never got any at all on her arms or legs.

dd1&3 both woke up 2 weeks later with spots. Dd1 had a few on her belly and one on her back. She had no more for 2 days then woke up one morning head to toe covered (literally not a part of her that wasn't /isn't spotty)
Dd3 had a couple on her neck at first, next morning she had a few on her belly/back, 3 on her arm and some around her mouth. She had about 25 spots max, and they had all but vanished 4 days later!

She had them on her arms and legs then got them on her belly, shoulders and a couple on her face- she was never really covered though. But they appeared pretty quickly after I spotted the initial few, a few days before she was a bit out of sorts and it knocked her about a bit (but she was only 7 months, this time last year actually!) xxx

Just a few on her back at first. I noticed them at night after bathtime as I was getting her dressed. I knew it had been going around and suspected that's what it was. Several more by the time she woke up in the morning and obvious blisters on them so knew it was the pox. I would say she was probably covered within 48 hours. She was back to nursery in maybe 6-7 days after the first ones once they all crusted over. Miserable experience, but you will get through it!

Thanks, everyone!

I am not sure now if it is or not. She woke up with just a few new ones on her bum and maybe on her thighs. I'll just keep a look out over the next day or two for more and blisters!

We had first ones behind ears and quickly came up on face, travelled downwards over back and tummy next day and day 3 dd was covered including inbetween toes and inside mouth. Ds didnt have as many and came out with most by second day, he had a milder case. Dd suffered for 10 days until last one dried up and ds 7 days. I think by second day it should be obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->