Ikea easel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Last year I was quite anti DS getting an easel on various counts, space to put it, chalk dust however DS is struggling with his pencil grip and something that has been suggested is an easel. You can't use a fist grip on an easel.

However my initial issue remains it needs to fold and I don't need to give him chalk.

Is the ikea one any good or any body got better suggestions?

I don't have that easel, but I do have a section of wall in my dining room painted with blackboard paint. It is a bit dusty but not too bad. With three kids I'm vacuuming the dining room all the time anyway.

What about a white board on the wall?

We have the ikea one it folds, i store ours up against the fridge.

We've got ds the idea one for his birthday. We have it at the nursery I work in and it's good. Simple but good. Folds very flat.

yes, it folds really well. And if you don't want to use the chalk side, get a roll of paper and put the paper on top of the chalk side.
I personally don't mind the chalk. It only gets really dusty when lo starts carrying her chalk everywhere and playing with it. That can easily be avoided by putting the chalk away after drawing time is over.

We have the chad valley easel. My LO loves the chalk and white board. He still sits to draw or paint at table. The chad valley one is great though I don't think it would fold too well. We have never actually tried

I have the IKEA one and love, love, love it!

We have the ikea one its brill.

I bought a desktop easel from hobbycraft for a friend's little boy and they loved it. I got it for £10 on a promotion but u think its only £15 normally.

We have the IKEA easel and really like it. They have started doing it in bright colours for £19 too. However I have only seen them in our local store and not online yet.

My mum has the ikea easel at her house for all the grandkids. I love it. Im thinking of getting it for my DD's birthday in January. X

Iv got the ikea easel for DS2's birthday in two weeks. I bought it mainly because of how flat it folds so it can fit down the side of my fridge out the way if need be.
It's a bargain at £16 or £19 for a brighter colour x

We've had the ikea one for over two years now, it's great. Folds quite flat so it can be stored away in a corner easily and it's still as good as new even though we've had it a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"