I'm 36 weeks and partner going to be away over night

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
I've just been told by my OH that he wants to go to a friends house tonight for a party and he won't be back till morning. I don't want to stop him having fun but I know I won't be able to get hold of him if I need him and he'll be drinking so he won't be able to get home. I'm 36 weeks and really feel baby with be early although I've had know signs that anything is happening yet just lots of Braxton Hicks. I really don't like the idea of being by myself at the min especially if I can't get him to come home if I need him because I don't have anyone else I can rely on if I can't get hold of him :-(. I don't know what to do because I know he won't understand if I try and explain how I'm feeling and I don't want him to feel guilty about wanting to go out because he's been really good lately and not been out much at all. I guess I just wish he could see that I need him without me saying anything.

Hey. I get where your coming from but its super unlikely that baby would come tonight and you may even find its nice to have some space of your own, watch what you want to on TV, have a nice quiet bath and have an early night and enjoy having the WHOLE bed to yourself!
Im in Cornwall too and my OH is being posted (RAF) to Scotland the day I turn 36 weeks and doesnt come back until im 38+6. Maybe because im a RAF wife I look at things differently and actually enjoy having a little bit of time to myself, but I do get what your saying, just that it might not be as horrible as you think it will be. x

I guess I just wish he could see that I need him without me saying anything.

Totally get this, but he's not a mind reader!

Tell him you have some reservations about him being gone all night, and talk with him.

That said, were I in your position (which I acknowledge I am not), I'd let him go. My husband was gone for a weekend (and was a couple hours away) when I was around 37 weeks with our son, and everything was fine.

Communication is key here - but I agree with what the previous poster said.. you might enjoy the solo downtime tonight!

Lol I agree with pp I would love all that free time and extra room in bed !!!

You need to let him go to the party hun. The chances of you going into labour tonight are next to none and he has to get a break now and again. You don't need him as you say, but you are being needy and that's never good xxx

Get the landline of the house & let him go.

It's only 1 night

I don't plan on stopping him going as I know that would be unfair but I alsoknow I'm going to spend the night worrying and it would be nice if I could at least guarantee getting hold of him.I'm sure nothing will happen tonight but this is our first baby and I always worry so I know it won't be a very relaxing night unfortunately.

I'd let him go, sometimes it nice to be able to do a little something for yourself and organise you thoughts if that makes sense. My OH goes out wit the lads fairly often I really enjoy having a Saturday night to myself. However I'm very independent, kinda have to be as OH work 84 hours a week :). I'd tell him your reservations but I think it might be good to let him go :). X

I'm in Cornwall too and my boyfriend went up to Cumbria on Thursday and not back until Monday.I'm just relishing the fact that I can have the whole bed to myself and I don't have anyone snoring in my ear haha.

I can understand you being uncomfortable with not being able to reach him.

Why is it that you can't get the phone number of where he will be in case there is an emergency?

It's not impossible to get hold of him but unfortunately when he drinks he becomes quite irresponsible and doesn't answer his phone or respond to texts and things. I think that's quite normal behaviour but is worrying at the moment.

i'd just have a chat with him and say you're nervous about being able to get hold of him. maybe he can agree to check his phone and make sure the ringer is turned on. If he knows you're concerned he will most likely be more aware of his phone. Maybe also make sure he has money to get home in a taxi or whatever just incase.

Look at all us Cornish! My OH went away in my last pregnancy for a night when I was 4 days overdue. We just arranged that if anything happened, I'd call a taxi, so would he and we would meet at the hospital or a friends house. He's away for a night tonight too ... I'm watching rubbish tv, having my dog on the sofa and eating a hotel chocolat Easter egg. Bliss!

I understand but I'm sure you will be fine. My husband works away on boats for weeks at a time. I'm 34 weeks and he has been away 2 weeks and away another 2. Get a number you can reach him on (perhaps a responsible friend) and let him go. But do explain your worries cause men need to be told outright. Lol

Look at all us Cornish! My OH went away in my last pregnancy for a night when I was 4 days overdue. We just arranged that if anything happened, I'd call a taxi, so would he and we would meet at the hospital or a friends house. He's away for a night tonight too ... I'm watching rubbish tv, having my dog on the sofa and eating a hotel chocolat Easter egg. Bliss!

Snap! Rubbish tv for me also, along with a thick rocky road Hotel Chocolate egg and some Percy Pigs :)

I think you need to tell him your fears, ask him to check his phone regularly, does he have a responsible friend who might remind him? Do you have another friend you could put on alert?
He isn't going to get much time out after baby is born so it's good for him to have some time out.
My hubby has been away this weekend and I have been having some prelabour signs but he still needed to go, it's good for him and us. I've watched crap tv, had a nice bath, just had some me time.

I wouldn't worry, it's very unlikely u will need him, just chill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->