I'm annoyed by people getting close to my boob

Rainstorm

Mom of 2
Reaction score
I have no problem breastfeeding in public. In fact, when baby was in the NICU and I had trouble with colostrum I'd sometimes go almost topless and I woudln't care about anything but my baby being well nourished. But lately I've become increasingly annoyed at this habit people have of getting almost face to face with my lo while he's breasfeeding and saying how cute he is or even touching his cheek. I feel like they are invading my body somehow... let alone interfering with a mother-son ritual. Sometimes I even feel some people (like my MIL) do it precisely with that intention. Anybody else that happens to?

I got claustrophobic when I was bf. I was feeding two at once and if someone so much as got within 3 feet of my whole body I felt like throwing the babies off. ( I wouldn't have but it caused me serious irritation. I now never ever want my boobs used in a sexual context. I want no one to touch them ever again other than for the one feed I still do at night. I know this sounds odd, but my boobs are totally worn out!

Mil done this with dd1 drove me batty actually stood and atared whilst I struggling to get her latched and used to try and peek over the muslin. No ones bothered this time which I like it is private just because im feeding the baby doesn't mean people can invade my personal space

Oh god I honestly felt uncomfortable when people would come over to look at my LO whilst his feeding, it just felt awkward them standing there whilst his nursing :/

It was worse when he was newborn as people would want to see him and majority of the time we were trying to get him to latch on lol

I used to ask if they were getting their out for me to have a gawp - Usually did the trick!

I havent had this done to me, but it would drive me crazy. Its a personal bond between you both.
If I'm not at home though I just use a nursing cover to stop people prying. Also keep LO warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->