I'm at a loss of what to do. Please offer advice.

PoasCrazy

Reaction score
My daughter has ADHD. This week will start medicine for treatment for the first time. The reason being this school year so far has been hell.
My problem is that her school and Teachers have demonized her. They take away recess every single day and send behavior reports home with red frowny faces every day with all negative comments. NEVER anything positive. Its always about what she did wrong , never anything she did right!
I feel sorry for her, she has lost a lust for learning. She knows when its time for school its time to go be punished and ridiculed all day. I just feel bad for my child. Her teacher doesn't understand because my daughter is the "BAD" kid.
Seriously , what do I do ?

Edit , she is 7

Aww bless her, she cant be enjoying school much if all she gets is a telling her, surely they should take your ADHD into account and hopefully with the meds she will start getting better and enjoy school... Maybe have a word with the head of school and tell them your feelings.. x

Me? Call the school and get your bitch on. Totally unacceptable. Its a disability and she cannot help it, just like a blind person cannot see, and a paralyzed person cannot walk. I would take my child out if they are unwilling to change THEIR attitudes. My daughter has autism, and its been an absolute nightmare in the schools. You need to advocate for your child, and demand an aid for your child, and proper training for that aid.

Agree I would be dealing with the school and having things put in place to assist your child, I wouldn't agree to medicate to suit the school

To be honest I would switch her schools and give her a fresh start. You can call and raise he'll at the school and with the teacher hit chance are it won't change their opinion of her . I was a child who actually had extremely bad ADHD and had a teacher who refused to teach me any longer unless I was medicated . And even after I was it didn't make school any easier for me being with the same teacher

Even if you can get her switched to a different class and have a sit down with the teacher before hand to work on making school more positive and set some goals it would be good

Disgusting.

I was a secondary school teacher and I've worked with ADHD and special needs pupils.

This will worsen your poor daughters condition 100% and I'm appalled to hear its happening. Children thrive on praise and those with additional needs need it even more. Switch schools. Try are making no effort at all to help.

I know its not the best thing ever but I once saw a super nanny USA episode with a lad around 7/8 with ADHD and she did wonders with him. Not sure if its on you tube or anything but they were tips schoo,could use xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->