I'm confused! Update: any ideas when I would have ov?

Rikki

Reaction score
Hi
This is my first month TTC after a miscarriage. I've not had any problems getting pregnant in the past (been preg 3 times in the last 16 months). I usually have a regular 28 day cycle.

After MC I had AF exactly 4 weeks later. Then last month's AF was 3 days late. That's why I decided to use OPK's in case I miss ovulation if it's late.

So I started testing Sunday, which was CD11. I've been using some cheapy midstream tests. To me I wouldn't say the lines have got as dark as the control, so officially that would be negative. I've also been using clearblue digital since Monday. Monday was negative, but Tuesday, Wednesday and today have all been positive - tested about 6pm on each day.

I'vce only got 1 stick left for the digital, but I'm worried that if I test again tomorrow it will still be high. Does that mean I'm not going to ovulate? I know I don't have PCOS as I've had my ovaries scanned 3 times over the past year.

And am I reading the other tests incorrectly? I will try to get a picture and upload it. I've run out of those tests too now (been a bit obsessive!). I was only using these until my cycle gets back to normal, but now it's got me worried that there's something wrong with me!

Update further down - thanks

Some women have a 3day surge. E.g on the first positive you might have caught the surge on it's way up, the second it might have reached its peak and the third it might have started to go down. I've had 3-4 days of positives before. Sometimes your body can prepare to ovulate so you get positive OPKs but it has a hard time releasing an egg or it decides now is the wrong time and it does it later on.

Another possibilty is that you might have ovulated but keep getting positives. I'm currently experiencing that now. No answers of yet but ringing the doctors tomorrow so ill be able to ask them.

I just hope I'm ovulating! I've never bothered checking before. I only did it this time because my last cycle was a couple of days out and usually AF is bang on 28 days.

I'll prob use my last OPK at 6pm tomorrow to check. Will try to upload photo tomorrow - got to get batteries for camera!

Hoping the pics will attach - I've also included the clearblue digital ones - only the top one gave me a negative result (mon). The next is Tues. 2 wed, 2 thurs in order and all gave me smiley face. Although instructions say you can't judge anything by the lines. Thanks.

I meant to say also that Thursday on the midstream was the same as the Wednesday one, but not as dry so looks darker. To me, none of the lines look AS dark as the control, even though they do get progressively darker.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
Ok, just did another OPK and was definitely negative, so surge definitely over.
So
Monday negative 6pm
Tuesday positive 6pm
Wednesday positive 8am and 6pm
Thursday positive 8am and 6pm
Friday negative 11am

So any ideas when I would have ovulated? I read it's 12-36 hours from when the surge is first detected. So can you ovulate when still having the surge? Or does it happen after surge has dropped completely? Assuming I would have ovulated by now though.........

Any help appreciated. I'm confused by these tests. I wouldn't normally bother if cycle hadn't been out last month.

Thanks

i think its 24 hrs or so from the possitve hun not 100 sute to only 2nd month of using them 1st mth was amc :(

I've decided its a waste of time doing these tests. After negative on a midstream this morning, I did my last clearblue digital at 5pm and got smiley face!! I don't get it. I left 4 hours between toilet trips, so urine was concentrated enough this morning when I got the negative. But I've had smiley face 4 days in a row on the clearblue digital, and the line on the test when I ejected it was still quite strong. Is it normal for LH to be up & down?

Anyway, this has all been more trouble than its worth. I only wanted to pinpoint ovulation, now I'm stressing that it hasn't happened at all, so that will probably just make things worse. I've spent £25 on ovulation tests and it's all pointless. Next month I will be saving my money and just not bother!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->