I'm done with my Midwife! Rant

Joss_Taylor

Reaction score
I'm completely done with my midwife! Last night my feet and hands all of a sudden swelled up, they haven't been swollen at all my entire pregnancy. So I put my feet up but when I woke this morning they still were. I wasn't having any other signs of high bp but I called my doctors office anyways, just to make sure they didn't want to see me. They said if the swelling gets worse or I check my blood pressure and it's high to call back. I checked my bp late this morning and it was 141/86! So much higher then usual! My office said to come in.

At the appointment my blood pressure was 120/84, still higher then my normal bp but not anything to worry about. My midwife acted like I was a complete idiot and like I was just wasting her time by coming in. I let her know that it had been high earlier that day and the swelling was a brand new thing in the last 24 hrs. She didn't care! She even cancelled my weekly appointment for later this week when they were supposed to start checking to see if I was dilated. I am so done with this doctors office. I wish I had time to find a new office but I've got 4 weeks left. I'm refusing to see that midwife again, she was so rude.

What a cow!!! I'd definitely refuse to see her again. How rude! Put in a complaint. I hate the way they make you feel sometimes. It's completely unnecessary! x

I am refusing to see her again and I think I'm going to make my appointment again for later this week. This isn't the first time she's been like this to me!

Id definately remake your appointment, as even if you have to.come.in they arent supposed.to.cancel a regular one! How rude :hugs:

Ugh im sorry your having to deal with this :hugs:

She definitely shouldn't have canceled your appointment unless they went ahead and did everything they do at a regular appointment like checking fundal height, getting urine sample, checking cervix.

Just curious how far along are you?

I'm 36 weeks. My doctor was supposed to be checking to see if I had started to dilate and I had a whole list of questions to ask him! They only checked my urine, blood pressure, and the babies heart beat. I am beyond annoyed with this office. I will definitely be going somewhere else for our next baby and having them put it in my chart I don't want this midwife anywhere near me when I'm in labor.

That makes me so angry. There have been lots of times this pregnancy and last pregnancy I've had to go in to the office at the last second because I wasn't sure if what I was feeling or whatever was going on, was ok. It always was OK, but the doctors I see have always been SO nice and never made me feel bad for coming in or wasting their time. They actually say to me because I'll be beating myself up about it, "that's why we are here". And that's true! She has NO right to treat you that way. I would file a formal complaint. Don't let her get to you.

That's so frustrating. I am sorry you are going through this!

The other 2 doctors and midwife in the practice are great. But every time I seem to call after hours to ask a question, she's the one on call. It sucks. I'll be having them put in my charts I don't want to see her again and filing a complaint. I'm a first time Mommy, I don't know what's a sign something might be going on. Thanks everyone for the support. My OH thought I was just being overly emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->