I'm going to Ireland!!!!

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
So excited! I live in Calgary in Canada. A dear friend of ours, also from here, fell in love with an Irish girl while she was here on a holiday. And they are getting married in July. My husband and our youngest child (who will be almost 18 months by then) are coming for 9 days. We would have liked to bring the whole family but it would have been too expensive.

We are staying in County Meath. I think the wedding is at Slane Castle.

I am not at all familiar with the area. If any locals can provide some great tips on places to see or visit, we would love that.

Can't wait!

Wow that's lovely! Slane castle.is quite the famous spot :)

Do you have any ideas of what you want to? Are you going to hire a.car? Do you want to travel north? I am from there and could give you some tips!

Do you have any ideas of what you want to? Are you going to hire a.car? Do you want to travel north? I am from there and could give you some tips!

Jenny 82, thank you so much!

Yes, we are going to hire a car. We are a bit nervous about driving on the left but people tell us that we will adjust relatively quickly.

We'd like to go on a tour of St. Patrick's cathedral. We looked a bit online and it seems that there is no parking around there. Someone suggested taking a bus (or maybe they said train) into Dublin. Are there bus tours readily available?

Also, we would like to explore the area on foot. We are not major hikers but we enjoy nice walks. Is the area stroller friendly (outside of the town)?

What is the weather like in early July?

Oh lucky you.
I had my honeymoon in County Kerry, Ireland.
Its so beautiful

Newgrange is a stone tomb not far from Slane just off the motorway if you want to see some history. It's 5000 years old so older than the pyramids. There's a good visitor centre if it's wet and it's a nice walk or short bus to the tomb.

oh wow, lucky you! Have fun!

England and Ireland are on my top list of places to visit...never been to either of them. I'm so jealous!!

Oh lucky you! I'd love to go see Slane Castle! Enjoy xx

Jenny 82, thank you so much!

Yes, we are going to hire a car. We are a bit nervous about driving on the left but people tell us that we will adjust relatively quickly.

We'd like to go on a tour of St. Patrick's cathedral. We looked a bit online and it seems that there is no parking around there. Someone suggested taking a bus (or maybe they said train) into Dublin. Are there bus tours readily available?

Also, we would like to explore the area on foot. We are not major hikers but we enjoy nice walks. Is the area stroller friendly (outside of the town)?

What is the weather like in early July?

I haven't been to Dublin in years so someone else may have to answer that one! I know their public transport system is ok (the Luas tramline) so you could drive down and park on the edge and tram it in? I did that when I was younger and it was dead easy. There are really good bus tours - same as any major city, the get on, get off ones.

Slane is sort of right in the middle too, so you could do different directions each day. Like one day, go to Dublin, one day in Belfast, one day somewhere like the Fermanagh Lakes etc. Athlone is really pretty and about 90 minutes away.

Weather in July.. ehh who knows?! Last year it was amazing but this year could be shockingly bad! I would pack for about 60F weather with layers that can be easily removed when it gets warm. I am hoping it is lovely as I have a wedding at the end of June :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->