I'm making my list (to be festive, and checking it twice)!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
:baby:Making a list of baby stuff we need. Red bolded items we have.

Please add your insight.. ie: if I've missed something (I know that I have missed things for sure!), how much of each, if you can recommend a style of this/that.

Thanks ladies I really appreciate your help, the internet lists weren't very detailed and I trust you all a lot more!

- Crib
- Crib mattress
- Crib bedding (please help with # of sheets & types of sheets I need)
- Infant car seat
- Playpen
- Infant swing
- Stroller
- Plastic weather shield thing for over stroller
- Glider w/ ottoman (rather than a rocking chair)
- Baby monitor
- Mobile
- Diaper bag
- Diapers
- Wipes
- Bibs
- Receiving blankets (how many~ I know I need a lot and they're very handy!)
- Bottles (amounts, sizes.. info on liners & nipples for them?)
- Onesies
- Sleepers/pajamas
- Baby socks
- Hats
- Scratch mitts
- Pacifiers
- Baby tub (advice on styles)
- Washcloths
- Hooded towels
- Baby shampoo
- Baby body wash
- Soft hairbrush
- Nail clippers
- Baby lotion
- Changing pads
- Digital thermometer
- Breast pump ~ a friend has an unused one we're going to try, she didn't produce milk.. and I want to try to breastfeed the first month or 2.
- Nose aspirator
- Socket protectors? For the outlets.. those plugs you get? Not sure what they are called. One for each in the rooms baby can get into I guess

Hey hun,

Looks like you have pretty much most stuff you'd need.
- I have 3 sets of bedding for my LO's cot........and then I also have 3 or 4 blankets for when we go out in her pram, car seat etc
- Bottles, I have 7......I can't give you any other advice as I think we have different brands over here. Obviously, you'll also need a steriliser - we went for an electric steam one. Even if you plan to express your milk, it may be worth having a small amount of formula in the house incase it doesn't work out (this is what I'm doing)
- Vests & sleepsuits, we have about 10 of each just so we don't have to do washing so often.
- Bibs, we have about 15, but also useful are Muslin cloths/burping cloths. We have about 8 of those too.
- For the bath.....this is what we have, I don't know if this is helpful, but maybe you can find something similar.....it will fit into a baby bath, but also into our normal bath. We were lucky & were given the baby bath that it fits!

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-acqua-bath-support-whitelime/4552499/type-i/

Additions to your list could include some nappy cream, an insulated bottle bag for when you go out, and I don't know what the weather will be like for you when your LO arrives, but we have a Pramsuit & also a spare wram jacket for our LO. Are you planning to use a dummy/pacifier??
I know what you mean about the socket covers, but you won't need those I don't think until LO is more mobile. You can often buy sets of socket covers, cupboard door locks etc when you need them.

xxx

That's a great list!

I've got a load of sleeping bags (grobags) and then a few cot sheets and three blankets (I was given them all so just going to be using them initially - if we need any more can get them later).

We've just got the bottle that came with the breast pump at the moment. I'm not getting formula as planning on breast feeding, if that doesn't work we can get formula then - I'm sure the hospital will help out if necessary.

We've got a folding bath due to the lack of space here. Think it's just about personal preference what you have - if I had a big bath I'd get one that'd go in that so it's easy to empty.

The only thing I though when reading your list is about thermometers - you've put 'digital thermometer' but we're getting two - one to measure baby's temperature and one to measure room temperature.

:hugs: x

The only thing I though when reading your list is about thermometers - you've put 'digital thermometer' but we're getting two - one to measure baby's temperature and one to measure room temperature.

Oh good point.....we actually have 3!!!! :rofl:
One for room temp, one for bath water temp, and one if baby is poorly.

xxx

great list, i agree on the grobags they are an ace item for baby in bed especially when they start kicking those sheets off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->