Im new + Overdue help me please ?

ellison09

Overdue
Reaction score
Hello .. Im 18 and expecting my first child . . a baby boy , but i was due on 08/06/09 .. 4 days ago , I've tried lots of things to try and induce labour (pineapple,sex,raspberry leaf tablets + tea, driving up+down bumpy roads, walking ) but nothing seems to work , i've been booked in for a membrane sweep on monday ( 15/06/09) but was wondering if this has worked for anyone ? ive been researching it and there are alot of mixed reviews ! i really hope he comes naturally before but i cant see that happening !:cry:

Any advice would be grateful i'm just starting to worry now !

xxx :hugs:

Hi Honey, try not to worry, just relax and nature will intervene. It must be very frustrating for you but he just isnt ready yet! I did alot of walking in my last week with my son, is his head fully engaged? What were the measurements when your midwife saw you last? I think they measure it in fractions still dont they, 1/5th, 2/5th etc as an indication of how far down babys head is. You may even find you will go into labour before the sweep on monday, fingers crossed for you.
xx

He was 3/5ths engaged , im hoping he comes before monday but were just have to wait and see :( x

Dont worry, I went ten days overdue with my first. Did drive me completely mad but he came in his own time, boys generally do! I didnt have a membrane sweep but the day before I started labour I did go for a nice long walk, no idea if that helped or not!
Try and relax, enjoy the sun if you get any after all the rain and maybe he will decide the time is right this weekend!

Hello .. Im 18 and expecting my first child . . a baby boy , but i was due on 08/06/09 .. 4 days ago , I've tried lots of things to try and induce labour (pineapple,sex,raspberry leaf tablets + tea, driving up+down bumpy roads, walking ) but nothing seems to work , i've been booked in for a membrane sweep on monday ( 15/06/09) but was wondering if this has worked for anyone ? ive been researching it and there are alot of mixed reviews ! i really hope he comes naturally before but i cant see that happening !:cry:

Any advice would be grateful i'm just starting to worry now !

xxx :hugs:

hi there ....waiting is frustrating with my first pregnancy l did have a sweep it

was quiet uncomfortable but it still took 3 more days before labour actually

started and she was fully engaged for about 2 weeks...so l am

undecided to whether it actually bought the labour on..:dohh:

oh bye the way she was 8 days late so l am sure it wont be long for

you now have you got any signs like Brackston hicks...:hugs:

hi there, dont worry too much hun.

i've gone overdue with both of my children,12 days with my 1st and 8 days with my 2nd, and had a membrane sweep with my 2nd and it was no where near as bad as you think, a little uncomfortable but thats all. i went into labour 2 days after having my sweep.

oh and sometimes baby doesnt fully engage until your actually in labour.

Welcome to BnB! :hi:

I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't as I never went overdue!
Really hope he comes soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"