I'm OFFICIALLY ntnp! Mirena is GONE!

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
Hey there girls,

I posted last week about being upset because the dr. didn't remove my Mirena IUD. She did the basic annual and then said I had to come back on the heaviest flow day of my period to have it removed and recommended 4 Advils and/or narcotic drugs for it due to "the severe pain during removal". Well that totally freaked me out and I was SO bummed that she didn't take it out that day since I had waited for two months to get the appointment and was seriously counting down the days until it's removal.

Well, today I went to a different dr - the one who put it in 2-3 years ago - after waiting only 4 days for my appointment (versus 2 months!) and it was out within seconds (well, after the hour in the waiting room, lol). I didn't take ANY pain meds beforehand, I'm not on my period, and it didn't hurt in the slightest.

It really makes me wonder about the first doctor I went to last week since I was hoping she'd become my dr to walk me through the pregnancy. She is my mom's dr who delivered me when I was born but I really didn't care for her so I guess I should for a new one....

Anyway, long story short, I'm officially not on BC anymore and can join the NTNP crew!! I'm SO excited!! :cloud9:

yayyyy congrats, and welcome to the ntnp!!
i hope u get ur :bfp: soon :dust:

Yay! I had the problem with doctors not taking out my Implanon, went to see someone else at a clinic on Wednesday (walk in so no appointment needed) and she took it out! I think some doctors would rather not do it imo.

Anyways, welcome to the NTNP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->