I'm poisoning my baby

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Or you would think I was, from his expressions when feeding him. Sweet potato, parsnip, carrot and apple all poisonous! Banana slightly less so. I never had this prob with dd so this is new to me! At the mo I'm not pushing things but I'm giving a few tastes with a big smile and then leaving it. But I am a bit concerned... He's a terrible sleeper and I thought weaning would help. He quite likes putting those melt in the mouth baby snacks in his mouth but due to a stroke at 7 weeks and recommendations from a feeding clinic I have to stick to purees for now instead of blw and finger foods. anyone else have this problem?

Hi superfrizbee, my little one is the same. I read somewhere it's just their reaction to new flavour/texture, doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it. DD1 was also the same but I stuck with it and a few weeks later she was smacking her lips with excitement! So hoping DD2 is the same. Only thing she REALLY hasn't liked so far is apple puree, spat that out and wretched and clamped mouth shut.

Sounds like you're doing great, good luck xxx

Hi superfrizbee, my little one is the same. I read somewhere it's just their reaction to new flavour/texture, doesn't necessarily mean they don't like it. DD1 was also the same but I stuck with it and a few weeks later she was smacking her lips with excitement! So hoping DD2 is the same. Only thing she REALLY hasn't liked so far is apple puree, spat that out and wretched and clamped mouth shut.

Sounds like you're doing great, good luck xxx

Thanks hun. I never had this with dd! She ate sooo much I had ration her at first! Good luck to you too. You'd think I'd be more of an expert second time around, but no. :haha:

Xx

I love the faces they make!! I have just started dd3 on solids the last few days, and she makes some hilarious faces! This was her reaction to garlic bread. After a few tries, she loved it and munched almost all of it!

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/april%202015/DSC_2080_zpsryhdr0pw.jpg

Awww what a cute pic!! I think garlic bread has been my DD2's fave thing so far, she was sucking on it like her life depended on it haha! I'm so much more relaxed this time round but I'll be happier when she learns to swallow things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->