im scared

daynzee

one son and prego 2!
Reaction score
so 9 days ago i went for a scan..i thought i was 6 weeks but they thought my dates were out..they think i was 5w3days..saw the sac and yolk..i have to go back tomorrow to see if things have changed..im just scared they are going to say no it hasnt:cry:
i still have my symptoms and have been taking my pre-natals..i think im just being a silly duck but am very nervous..has anyone had the same situation and it turned out okay?

Hey there, I know saying you'll be fine isn't much reassurance. But take heart, it's often easy to be a few days off of what 'you think' with an us... Late implantation or a later ovulation as you thought... Or even if you're going by the last time you had sex, sperm can wait for the egg for up to 5 or so days... Also in general dating with scans that early a mm big or small can drastically change the dates. Your 10-12 week scan will be more accurate for dating. Also it's normal to be out, but if its consistently more than 1 week they will consider changing your due date. Either way you should be able to see the HB within a week or so!

All good news dear, so try not to worry. Hope that was more informative!

When I had my first early scan I was measuring 4 days behind. It took baby til 9 weeks to catch up. I think it's so normal at this early stage. Midwife said once its witching 5 days either side if ur dates they don't even question it.
Kel

had scan..not sure what i was worrying about..strong heartbeat of 142bpm..and am 7 weeks..due 7.7.2014..ohh i better update ticker lol

It was always disconcerting that my fraternal twins always measured a few days apart. Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about, but you will anyway - been there, there again! Try to stay busy!

Yes my dates were spot on (I bbt chart) and they saw nothing but a sac on every scan up until 6 weeks 3 days! They were ready to diagnose mmc or ectopic if that scan didn't show progress and lo and behold there was a nice yolk sac, fetal pole, and what we think was a heartbeat :thumbup:

I think we all have milestones throughout pregnancy that we get anxious about and i'm sure your next scan will be fine until you worry about the following one lol. Totally natural!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->