I'm so tired I feel like I may die...child #2, 5 days in.

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
Second newborn so I know that this too shall pass...but seriously can't believe I am still able to barely rub two brain cells together. My baby girl is not into sleep much but very much into nursing in cradle hold. Anyone feeling extremely sleep deprived like me in the early days?

I think I made a thread identical to this with my son awhile back. ..lol

Know the feeling!! My DS is 7 weeks old now and I'm still suffering from sleep deprivation... In fact I think it's getting worse! Zzz

I forgot what the sleep deprivation was like, I guess we all do hence we do it again and again lol.

Eagerly awaiting DD2 so it wont be too long before I am feeling like you

:hugs: You're a good mom. Also, just reading this post scares the shit out of me. Aren't the second ones supposed to be easy breezy? :winkwink:

Hi EarthMama! I just wanted to congratulate you on beoming a mama again. You'll probably not remember me but I do remember you from B&B early last year - I remember your story so I was so happy to see you've just given birth again. I don't often come on here so am really pleased to see your post today!

How are you doing, EarthMama? Will she at least let you nurse lying down yet?

Yes we do the side lying nursing position at night now but I still end up sitting up to nurse her in cradle hold 2-3x a night because that seems to be how she transfers milk the best right now.

We're hanging in there! I've gotten used to feeling crazy exhausted all over again.

*raised hand* 5 months
in and the sleep deprivation is still really, REALLY bad!! Makes me realize my first wasn't as bad a sleeper as I thought. LOL.

I couldn't do side-lying with DS2 in the early days as he hated it so I feel you. I fell asleep sitting up many a time...

I am so tired too. I think the first week was almost easier than this. She seems to be getting worse at sleeping at night and now with my DH back at work he doesn't help at all in the night. I pretty much feel I am going insane every night.

Do you use any essential oils? I was super exhausted and crazy sore for a few weeks there because my LO would cluster feed for HOURS every evening and into the early morning hours. Then I started putting a dab of lavender essential oil on her swaddling blanket when I'd put her down for bed and she started sleeping better. It seemed like the scent would relax her so she'd sleep better, I'd sleep better (and more), and it even seemed to help with the cluster feeding a bit. And yes, this too shall pass. We're fast approaching 2 months here and LO is now sleeping through the night most nights. (Bedtime is around 9:30-10pm and she gets me up between 4-6am, nurses for an hour and a half, and goes back down for a few more hours.) I'm hoping things stay this good because I go back to work part time next week and my mornings of sleeping til 9-10am will be a thing of the past.

Aw hugs mama! I just want to say congrats! I haven't been on here in ages and it's nice to come back and see a familiar name with a new baby! Enjoy those newborn snuggles!

2 weeks in and I am finally feeling more rested. My daughter is figuring out side lying nursing and seems to need to feed less frequently then my son did during the night.

Oh geeze, my #2 will be here soon enough and i am dreading the exhaustion I am going to feel in the first few weeks.... thank goodness DH is taking the first month off from work!!

Glad to hear things are settling for you now EarthMama :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->