I'm thinking of using cloth?

M

mum_of_4_2010

Hi I'm new here so please be gentle!
I already have 4 lovely kiddies, but I'm 14weeks pregnant with my 5th and this time I'd like to use cloth nappies.
What brands can everyone recommend? Theirs so many it's confusing! And what do you do with poo? Surely it's a bit unhygienic putting it in your washing machine?

Hi,

It's really easy once your get the hang of it and there are a couple of threads about you can have a look at :)

And I'd also like to know what nappies are good for newborn?

You don\'t put the poo in the machine, well my DH does lol but you\'re not supposed to! You shake it off somewhere then put the nappy in without the poo.

Hygene? You just keep the nappies in a bucket witha lid then put them in the wash! But sorry I don't have any info on newborn nappies but Jayleigh's back tomorrow and I'm sure she used terries on her LO when he was born :thumbup:

Oh ok then, thank you :) hopefully she will see this then

Yeah Jayleigh used Terries with Halen when he was tiny....i'd say they are best for teeny tiny's as you can make them as small as you want and they grow with your baby so even if your baby is only tiny for a little bit its not the end of the world and you havent spent an absolute fortune on newborn sized nappies :D or i would reccomend mothercare smart nappies :) they are great as they are fairly cheap and a simple system to use :D

hope that helps

sara

xx

There is no hygiene issue... if your baby's poop gets on their clothes for some reason you don't just bin them. Washing in the machine is absolutely fine, I don't even bother to wash the poop off first.

There is no hygiene issue... if your baby's poop gets on their clothes for some reason you don't just bin them. Washing in the machine is absolutely fine, I don't even bother to wash the poop off first.

Yep agree with this. While its runny milk fed poo nappys just go straight into the washer. I do a rinse before the main wash though.

are you planning to BF? BF poo is really liquid anyway so it's not like you're putting lumps of poo in your washing machine :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->