Imogen Beth 5/6/09

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
Thought I'd try and do it asap b4 I block the nasty bits out! :rofl:

I was taken in for induction at 9:00am on Thursday 4th June. At 10:15am. I was given my first lot of prostagladin gel to bring on the contractions, I went for a long walk and was on and off the monitor to check baby was happy all day. By around 6:00pm I started getting some pains, nothing too serious but there and niggling. They checked my cervix but it was really posterior and they couldn't really feel it. However they gave me a sweep in the hope that would move things along. My hubby was told to go at 8:30pm cause they couldn't give me any more gel cause I was having too many contractions but couldn't break my waters cause I wasn't dilated enough...I was gutted! As soon as he left they put me back on the monitor and the pains picked up hugely. I was struggling and so they examined me again and I was 2-3cm. I was given some co-codamol and told to just bare with it. Well by 11:30pm I was climbing the walls in pain so they rang hubby and the minute he came back I was given gas and air and examined. The examination was awful cause the midwife still couldn't reach my cervix so she was really shoving me hard to stretch and reach it was soooooo painful. Whilst examining me my waters broke everywhere, and I was zoomed over to the labour ward as I had to have the antibiotics for the Strep B. By the time I got there I was in so much pain and high as a kite from the gas and air, I was saying I need an epidural now..please give me one!!! They said we need to examine you again before we can do that..I said well as long as you have longer fingers than the other woman then you can do it...how I managed humour when I was in so much pain I'll never know. I couldn't open my eyes just hunched in a ball. Once the epidural went in I used the gas and air but only occasionally. For the next few hours I sort of driffted in and out of sleep. At 5:00am the pains picked back up so they gave me a top up on the epidural, from then on I was in heaven no pain at all!! We were watching Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle at bout 5am and then hubby was having some tea and a sandwich. Then I was examined again at 6am and I was 9cm!! They gave me till 8am to start pushing, in the meantime the atmosphere in the room was relaxed, lots of banter betwen hubby and the midwives, he was supporting me and the midwives said the way you two are together is amazing, she said you look so in love and perfect your making me cry..lol

So at 8am I started to push and it was lovely, so calm but cause of the epidural I couldn't feel alot but kept pushing and they said I was making progress so on I went..then my contractions disappeared so they put me on a drip so that they could pick up again. I pushed for 2 hours and baby Imogen Beth came into the world straight onto my tummy at 9:53am I was in tears and couldn't believe that I did it. She was beautiful!

I had sustained a small tear which the midwife who was learning to stitch decided to have a go at, as it was an 'easy one' under the supervision of the sister. Unfortunately she hit a main blood vessle when she was stitching and she couldn't stop the bleeding so the sister stepped in and after 50 minutes she also couldn't stitch it, they called for someone from theatre who came and did it quite easily, so after being stitched for 1hour and 10 minutes I was incredibly sore and swollen. I went back to the ward and found that I last emptied my bladder at 7am via cathata in labour so felt busting to go, but when I went, I found that I was so swollen I couldn't pee..so they put in a cathata for 24 hours...that was horrible! When they took it out I still couldn't go..I was really distressed by it all, so they gave me a bladder scan and monitored everything that went in and the little tiny bits that were coming out. I had to have another cathata just to drain me down on sat night and I think that was possibly the worst pain I had ever experienced, it was like she was tearing open my stitches, but they had to ensure that I was empty to continue the monitoring. Early hours of Sun I peed....yay:happydance::rofl: and it kept coming, although very sore I could come home.

My darling daughter is breasfeeding like a dream and slept 7 hours straight last night just 3 days old, my family feels complete and I feel like a very lucky lady.

Beautiful story hunny, Congratulations to you and your OH xox

Welcome To The World Imogen, you have a beautiful name xxxx

:cloud9: Awwww! Maccy babes im so happy for you :cloud9: xx

:cloud9: Awwwww Maccy, I'm so proud of you honey... you did it!! :yipee:

And despite the pain/problems with the stitching etc I know it was a much better experience for you than your labour with Els, so I'm really happy for you for that.

:cry::hugs: xxx

Ok had to cross my legs at certain bits lol but it was a lovely story congratulatiosn to you, your hubby & big sister Ella x

Aww hun, I have tears in my eyes (not good at work LOL) what a beautiful story, you did brilliantly, I hope you heal up quickly now :hugs: Imogen is gorgeous!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

What a wonderful story, congrats :)

Ouchie on the stitched and catheta hope it all heals mega fast. XXX

oh hunni - congratulations and well done. What a wonderful entrance to the world baby imogen had - it has brought tears to my eyes! :cry:
You have a really beautiful family hun........so..........you joining me and magic in wtt>!!!!! :rofl:
xxxx

:cloud9: congrats again! hope your healing well, you sound completely over the moon :hugs:

Ah maccy - lovely story (apart from the ouchy bits!) Hope you make a speedy recovery hun xxxx :hugs:

Ouchy - you poor thing going through all that trauma, but glad all is well with your little one and she's feeding well! Congratulations!! xx

:hugs:Well done Maccy xHope everything heals really quickly for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->