Impaired placental blood flow

LeeKay

Reaction score
Just had my 20 week scan. I'm 20+5 today.

The baby seems fine, but I showed an impaired placental blood flow. I have low PAPP-A. And high risk for a small baby.

I was really hoping they were going to say everything looked great.

I have to go in for growth scans at 26/30/34/38 weeks and will likely have an induction.

Has anyone showed impaired placental blood flow and had a successful pregnancy and healthy baby?

She said the word stillbirth and it's terrified me.

Ive not been told this but do have low papp-a and will be having growth scans too. X

Just had my 20 week scan. I'm 20+5 today.

The baby seems fine, but I showed an impaired placental blood flow. I have low PAPP-A. And high risk for a small baby.

I was really hoping they were going to say everything looked great.

I have to go in for growth scans at 26/30/34/38 weeks and will likely have an induction.

Has anyone showed impaired placental blood flow and had a successful pregnancy and healthy baby?

She said the word stillbirth and it's terrified me.

No experience, but I didn't want to read and run. I do know that it's possible to have a live, healthy baby with impaired cord function, but they tend to be delivered early (before 38 weeks) and they face restricted growth, so they're small babies.

The good news is that they caught it early and have a plan in place to watch. If they see something they don't like, you'll be in more often than every 4 weeks, but that's a good starting place.

Just remember, they have no intention of letting the worst come to pass. They can't do much until the baby passes the viability date, but they see this a lot and know what to watch for and how to deal with it. That you know this is happening and can keep an eye on it is good news for your baby, even if it scares you.

For now, all you can really do is keep your sodium intake low (it raises your blood pressure) and your blood pressure low so it doesn't stress the blood vessels in the cord, and love your baby.

I'll keep both of you and your babies in my thoughts.

Hi honey

With both my babies I had high resistance in uterine artery and as a result, impaired blood flow. In both cases it was identified at 19-20 weeks and started affecting the growth of baby post 30weeks. Both were born via csec at 37-38 weeks

All I'll say is have as frequent scans as possible, sleep on your left side and don't stress. Have faith in your doc and keep monitoring movements. Both my kids were born under 6lbs, and on 1percentile fr height n weight. But.perfectly
healthy.. and they caught up quickly when out.
Elder one is almost 5 and 90+ percentile in height n weight. A lovely little guy.
Younger one is just 3 months but already at 10percentile fr weight and 25percentile fr height.

With my first son I was told I had low PAAP - A. After ruling out any genetic issues they said he would probably be small. He came at 38.5 weeks on his own and weighed 5 lbs 13 ounces. He had jaundice and was a little sleepy when he was born but that’s it! He is 6 now and average for height and weight!

I had low PAPP-A with my first son. And extra growth scans.

He came on his own at 37+2 weighing 5lbs 13 oz. And now hes 70th percentile in height and 45th in weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->