Implanon contraceptive

mapha2

mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm not sure where to ask this question but maybe you can help. Is there anyone who has used or planning to use implanon contraceptives? What are the pros n cons. I checked on internet but I see all the negative stuff. I just implanted one yesterday. Tia

I had the implanon for 18 months. I had severe headaches and bled constantly. After going back and forth to the Doctors (kept prescribing me meds to counteract the side effects), I eventually got it taken out. It took sitting in the Doctor's office and refusing to leave until he made the referral.

Thank you Lindsey, how about the weight gain? I here you can gain a lot

I didn't really gain a lot of weight on it. I had on the injection previously (may have been the pizzas & chinese takeways also!) but it was pretty stable on the implant.

It was headaches and constant bleeding was the reason I wanted it out.

I lightly bled for the first 5 months and then it stopped for a few and just started again. Mostly light/spotting but it is annoying! No weight gain though or any other problems. This is the second implant I've had. The first time I had no bleeding for the first year and then suddenly started and I ended up getting it taken out after a few months.

I've had mine a few months.

Light spotting on and off but other than that I love it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->