• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

implantation bleeding more common with twins?

Geegees

Mummy to Madalyn :)
Reaction score
Does anyone know? I didn't have a spot of blood with my dd but ive had implantation bleeding with this one (all stopped now)
My OH has twins in his family, hes a twin, his dad is a twin... would implantation bleeding mean its more likely to be twins?!?!

I had implantation bleeding with dd but none this time with the twins.

I think IB can depend on where the embryo implants, I had IB with one pregnancy quite badly but with this one absolutely nothing, not even a pink streak. Neither were twins.
Looking forward to finding out how many you're having! :)

I might be wrong but I thought twins followed in the maternal line as there was a strong chance ours could have been.

I had lots of IB and had early scans which showed one baby x

I had implantation bleeding with my DD as well, I'm not sure if it means its more likely twins but deffo not the case for me. Super exiting having twins in the family though, i'd love twins!

I don't know the answer, sorry :blush: Just wanted to pop in and say hi :wave: I remember you from our first pregnancies. I didn't know our girls were born on the same day!

Anyway I had IB with both of mine and definitely singletons.

I might be wrong but I thought twins followed in the maternal line as there was a strong chance ours could have been.

Yes your rite as far as I've read twins come from the mothers side of the family (non-identical)

I always thought it was the maternal side too.. until my OH's family have them on his fathers side! maybe just coincidence?

I had the tiniest bit of IB with my son, and there was just one and quite a bit this time. I'm hoping that its not twins now! Like you my husband is a twin and we both have twins in our families. I've only just found out I'm pg so when I do to to the drs I might ask about the possibility of an early scan to check.

Also wanted to add how nice it is to see you and Tigerlily! My son is two weeks younger than your Los, so its comforting to be over here again with familiar names! :)

I remember you too NotNic :wave: It is nice to see some familiar names!

I've never heard that.

I had implantation with both mine and they are both singletons.

Interesting about the maternal side theory too...I'd always heard that. My friends mum had about 5 girls. Then she met a man who had several sets of twins in his family. And she had twin boys!

I had one spot of IB at 9dpo with #1, #2 & #3.... this pregnancy there was two spots 8dpo and 9 dpo. I then went on to have further bleeding around 14-17dpo. When I was scanned at 5+6 there were indeed two sacs, however one never developed beyond a sac so if it had been a singleton it would have been a miscarriage.

Reading your other thread your breastfeeding? Breastfeeding at the time of conception gives you 9 times the chance of having twins!!

No your right. Twins come from the woman's side, not mans.

I had implant bleeding with one of my babies, but not the other two.

Each pregnancy is different I guess.

:flower:

I don't know the answer, sorry :blush: Just wanted to pop in and say hi :wave: I remember you from our first pregnancies. I didn't know our girls were born on the same day!

Anyway I had IB with both of mine and definitely singletons.

Hi!! I remember you from first time around too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->