Implantation foods/ Pre-pregnancy nutrition

bluebloodmoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first TWW so I am definitely a rookie and so impatient, but I have found that the only thing I can do right now to feel like I am *trying* to get pregnant is eat foods rich in minerals and vitamins that supposedly help with implantation/fertility.

Anyone else do this? I am only taking folate as a supplement so far and prefer to try to get my vitamins from food (but will most likely switch to a prenatal once pregnant). Are you all taking prenatals pre-conception??

My top foods since I entered the TWW:
-Brazil nuts (selenium)
-Avocados (folate)
-Salmon/sardines (Omega 3s)
-Walnuts (also Omega 3s)
-Peanut butter (non heme iron)
and a ton of water

I hear I could add pineapple to that list for the bromelain. Anything else? Please share your experiences!

Have you cut out coffee/alcohol at this point? I decided not to but have been kind of shying away from them anyways.

~~~ Posi Baby NRG to all ~~~

Yes I take prenatals when ttc, and try to eat nutrient rich foods as well as up my healthy fats. I take a pile of supplements lol. Thyroid support (i'm borderline hypo), calcium, magnesium, iron, b complex. We're also a raw milk household so I try to drink more milk, avocados, nuts, etc. I am just trying Brazil nuts this month. I'm on my 2nd month ttc #2, and I didn't cut out caffeine or alcohol last month but this month I cut down to one cup of tea in the am and haven't had any alcohol since the first week of my cycle. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical last month so I was trying to clean things up a bit toxin-wise haha. I take magnesium because some people think it may prevent morning sickness, and most Americans are deficient in it anyway. I took it my whole pregnancy with my dd and never got sick once, could be a coincidence though!

Thank you for your answer! Super interested in what different people find helpful. I just had some blood work done pre TTC to and checked all my levels (which thankfully were good!) so I feel okay not taking too many supplements at this time. But super interested in magnesium helping with morning sickness. I know of so many women who experiences in some pregnancies and not others so I hope that the magnesium will ward it off or you will be lucky again!

Also I love that you had a water birth with your daughter, I feel very drawn to that choice (if possible) but one thing at a time as I am not even pregnant.

Yeah I highly recommend it! I’m a bit of a hippie lol so I have a naturopathic midwife and i had dd at their birth center in a big birth tub. Next one we are hoping for a home birth. The water really helps with the pain for me at least.

I don't take supplements, but I do need to start doing magnesium soaks again. I focus on my diet too. I have a green smoothie every day and also try to get bone broth into my diet daily. Our meat is mostly homegrown and processed, with a bit coming from neighbours. Dairy is raw from our goats when they're in milk (which they aren't currently so I'm having urinal Dairy ATM and just organic from the store as raw is illegal here)
I would eat an avocado every day if they weren't $4 each.. Lol.
Working on reducing sugar and processed carbs though as they are my weakness...
Trying to grow more of our veggies, working on building up the soil.

Not doing anything to specifically help with implantation, just overall health in general.

Oh I drink herbal infusions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->