implantation???

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Hi :wave: just wondered if anyone has ever had implantation bleeding? I
haven't had it before with my other pregnancies however i have had an odd month!!! I have a small amount of blood 2 days before i was due to ovulate, was told this could be a sign of ovulation? Not sure, and then today (7dpo) i have had a pit of mucusy pink/brown just when wiping? Sorry for tmi, any ideas?

xx

Didnt want to read and run, but never been pregnant so no idea :) From what I have been told, that sounds like IB, but I am obviously no expert

I had implantation bleeding with our DD. I had no idea what it was and went to the ER (I had taken a home preg test so I knew I was pregnant). They couldn't tell me anything (that it was IB). I say take a test to see!

I had implantation bleeding with our DD. I had no idea what it was and went to the ER (I had taken a home preg test so I knew I was pregnant). They couldn't tell me anything (that it was IB). I say take a test to see!

Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that hcg is really only noticeable after implantation? How'd you know you were pregnant before the egg implanted?

I'll wait until next Thursday until af is due and see! Thanks ladies x

Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that hcg is really only noticeable after implantation? How'd you know you were pregnant before the egg implanted?

I've heard stories of the blood coming a few days after implantation, it would be old brown blood and isn't all that uncommon.

I didn't have implantation bleeding last time or this time but I definitely had noticeable pains which I believe were down to implantation.

When i got pregnant on Thomas that is exactly what I had, just a tiny bit of blood when I wiped at about 7 or 8 dpo.

I didn't realize there would be a pregnancy test sensitive enough to pick up hcg before implantation....

I didn't realize there would be a pregnancy test sensitive enough to pick up hcg before implantation....

I don't think there is, but I think you can also get bleeding at around the time your period would be due, this is technically known as breakthrough bleeding but it is often just referred to as implantation bleeding too. I don't think it's really been established why implantation bleeding occurs, they just think it's due to implantation but could be due to hormonal changes or something else. Breakthrough bleeding which occurs a bit later, again maybe is due to hormonal changes, maybe leftover blood from implantation, they don't really know.

It was about 5 weeks after my cd1. The pregnancy tests and urine tests showed positive for pregnancy and the ER doc couldnt tell met the blood was IB (it was a very VERY small amount, but noticable nonetheless). But after a few more days my OB just assumed that what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->