In hospital having steroids to mature baby's lungs- experiences?

C

Ceejay123

Hi ladies. I'm roughly 31 weeks.

I called the labour suite last night just to ask for some advice as I was having braxton hicks every couple of minutes. (7-8 in 14 minutes). I told them they didn't hurt , were just uncomfy so I wasn't worried, but I just wanted to make sure. They said to try to sleep it off and call them back in the morning.

So I called them this morning at 7:30. Update being - I was up every hour with severe itching. Braxton hicks had carried on without hurting at all but I had itched so badly in my sleep that I had cuts and was bleeding all over, legs.. Thighs, shoulders.

So I got in this morning.. Long story short, they've kept me in. Tonnes of blood/urine results being prepared for tomorrow. Very high protein and white blood cells in urine, blood in urine. Heart rate 105 (resting) babies heart rate is 110 (usually 140). Second dose of steroids for little one scheduled tomorrow (gosh do they hurt!)

.They're not sure if my bodies trying to go into labour or whether my liver is working properly. I'm on steroid injections to mature babies lungs. Hoping it's just an infection.. But that wouldn't explain the itching or constant Braxton hicks for 24 hours (1 every 1-2 mins) . Any experiences? :( x x (I already had a 4lbs iugr baby)

I'm frightened and have no mummy friends to talk about this with :( only my sister and she's a few hours away x

Im sorry your going through this :hugs:. I have no insight as ive never that this before but try not to feel frightened. You're at hospital now and receiving treatment for the issue, im sure they know what there doing and have yours and babies best interests at heart. I assume they are prepping baby for early arrival just incase thats scenario one, secondly they will do the liver tests on you assuming its either/or.

Hope you get some updates soon. Loads of us ladies are on this forum so don't think you're alone xxx

Sorry no advice but just wanted to say I hope all goes well :hugs: like Inoue said, you are in the best possible place being in hospital. 31 weeks is early, but far enough along that baby will do well if delivered under good medical care . Keep us updated :hugs:

Not that much help but my mum had steroid injections to strengthen my lungs when she was 27 weeks pregnant with me, her waters had broken or were leaking (I'm not really sure) anyway they gave her the injections for 2 weeks and I was born at 29 weeks and I'm fine, no chest/lung or breathing problems, I didn't to go on a ventilator or anything.

Hope everything goes well for you & baby, i'm sure the doctors know what they are doing and everything will be fine :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I've had one today, got one tomorrow. Ouch they hurt! Been in 12 hours so far.
Kidney function tests came back okay, waiting on liver and infection tests later tonight. Gotta go back on a trace to discuss these Braxton hicks too. X

I had to have then with my LO and agree hurt isernt the word I would use the air turned blue in labour and del when I had my first lot second lot my sister took my little girl out of the room as didn't want her to see ! Little girl was fine I went another 5 weeks , try not to worry you and your LO are in the best place wishing you loads of luck and love . Xxx
Will check in tomorrow xx

I just went in at 32 weeks 6 days for very frequent braxton hicks, painless. When I got there they were coming every 2-4 minutes and I was dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. I recieved the steroid shots as well. I also got a positive fetal fibronecton test. After a 2 day stay they sent me home on bedrest on procardia to keep the contractions stopped. It's been 1 week. Every day counts. Hang in there!

I was also admitted a week ago for frequent bh. They were every 5-7 mins. I got steriod injects and spent 2 days admitted for monitoring. No dilation or effacement. They seem to have slowed down a bit since I got out, now more like every 10-20 mins and irregular. Will go back for a cervix check in 1.5 weeks.

Hope it's a false alarm for you as well. :hug:

Little update ladies.

Still in hospital, finished my steroids thank god. Heart rates sitting around 115 (mine not his?) still having contractions but cervix seems closed. Very scary but I just wanna go home. Baby appears stable x

My DD2's waters started to trickle at 28w and gushed at 32weeks. I was given steroids *man they hurt!* and told to go home and rest but they wanted me up the hosp every other day for monitoring. Bubs was born at 34w and only needed cpap for 24hours. She was kept it for 5 weeks (although this was mostly due to her other medical conditions and not to do with her prematurity) so the outcome isnt always as terrifying as it feels. Wishing you all the luck and hope bubs comes when they are ready x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->